XF2 [8WR] Discord Integration

XF2 [8WR] Discord Integration [Paid] 2.1.1.9

No permission to buy ($30.00)
@Jaxel

As of the latest version 2.0.1.1

Anyone viewing the forum index is shown as "Managing account details" instead of showing "viewing forum list". Disabling the addon fixes this immediately. There are no errors in the error log.
Not happening for me... and this addon doesn't make any edits to the forum index.

allow me to host a discord server
There is no way to do this. Discord does not allow people to host their own servers.

You mean embedding? Yes, WidgetBot.io does that.

I bought the add-on just now and it let me download after paying but didn't have me sign up for anything. How do I download updates for it later on?

EDIT: Nevermind I Just saved the download page so that should work fine thanks.

@Brad Padgett

Canary updates: Loads of progress has been made with the shiny new version of WidgetBot. It works ™. https://canary.widgetbot.io/channels/299881420891881473/355719584830980096

Some of it's (working) new features:

- Emoji autocomplete - you can now start typing :smi and you'll be able to select an emoji to use

- Offline support + we now support 100% of all the different types of discord media.

- Bug fixes - no more widget flashing / reloading, emojis correct size

- Typing statues - whenever a guest is typing on a channel, @WidgetBot.io will appear to be typing on that channel in discord

- API - We now have a fancy api, that you can use to fetch messages from your server / configure you widget and an upcoming solution that'll enable you to securely pick guest usernames

- Fully themable UI - you select a color, and the widget will dynamically generate colors based on the colors you picked

- Channel swiching - you can switch channels, click on them and do whatever you want. It just works

- Super fast loading times - performance is important. The widget now loads 70% faster, and uses less bandwidth

How can I start using it?
Currently you can't configure anything, but that'll change soon. If you want to start using it, simply add your servers ID to the end of https://canary.widgetbot.io/channels/ and open it in a browser.

As long as you've already got WidgetBot in your guild, you'll be able to start using it.

As of their new update you can do more than just a single channel.

Hey,

Is there anyway we can assign forum ranks based on the discord role somebody has? (Currently it's the other way around)

Kind regards,

Cloakfox

We just noticed, that the option, to send posted/updated resources in a Discord channel is gone.
Was that removed in an update? Can it be re-added?

Also, an option to change the placement of the crate of the WidgetBot would be good, because it conflicts with the "back to top" button of our forum-design.

1) Can you add bot support for the official addons?

2) Also it does not seem to sync the roles for me. I have a user who is usergroup X on forum, but still not added to that role on Discord. I have "synced" the groups in the discord options. The bot has admin access, the bot is on top of the role hierarchy.
The bot auto posts to discord, so that works. But not the role sync.

I clicked the "test connection" in the options menu for this addon, and it said connected.

@Jaxel ?

Last edited:
Sorry for asking again, but do you have plans to make this compatible with multiple discords? I'd like a feature like this because I run a community with multiple game servers and each server has their own discord. I would like this to work with all those discords if this is possible.

Sorry for asking again, but do you have plans to make this compatible with multiple discords? I'd like a feature like this because I run a community with multiple game servers and each server has their own discord. I would like this to work with all those discords if this is possible.
I hope you don't mind me asking, but isn't it easier having everything on one server and then assigning server specific roles such as group "server 1" and group "server 2" which can see and have access to their respective channels?

I hope you don't mind me asking, but isn't it easier having everything on one server and then assigning server specific roles such as group "server 1" and group "server 2" which can see and have access to their respective channels?
I do it this way because it keeps the player bases separated. Keeping them in one discord server will split them. Have had experience with it. People pick and choose the "best" server and play there only and the other server is left in the dust with no one playing. With 2 different discords, it gives both playerbases the chance to equally grow their own player base.

I do it this way because it keeps the player bases separated. Keeping them in one discord server will split them. Have had experience with it. People pick and choose the "best" server and play there only and the other server is left in the dust with no one playing. With 2 different discords, it gives both playerbases the chance to equally grow their own player base.
Fair enough. :)

Not sure if there are options for this, but I noticed the Discord bot also posts threads and posts from private forums, this is very problematic :\

Not sure if there are options for this, but I noticed the Discord bot also posts threads and posts from private forums, this is very problematic :\
You can disable posts on a per-forum basis in node settings.

No.

Top Bottom