xF Host Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
No need to be sorry Jay, your forum is far from the only one in the logs and this is 100% legit, you nor anyone else did anything wrong! Well other then OVH of course ;)

I just cant believe they yanked everything offline with no investigation whatsoever. Its pretty obvious at least from our logs that all of this is legit traffic.

I just cant believe they yanked everything offline with no investigation whatsoever. Its pretty obvious at least from our logs that all of this is legit traffic.
same thing goes to Microsoft. They cannot just file a complain to data center for every spam report.

oh my it gets better.. my reply to pointing out where it states new reply, new convo etc.

From the following sources

(our IP range here)

were sent in just one day around 41908 to microsoft/hotmail related domains,

LOL 42k? We host over 1/2 dozen forums with 2 million posts each.. Plus many 250k+ forums.. Last I checked, spammers sent out 100's of thousands in an hour.

So what is going to happen? We are all going to be down until they decide whether they will turn back on your servers? I realize you have just paid your bill, but...what if they don't decide anything until Monday? We will all be down until then?

Heh, why anyone would host anything remotely important on OVH's servers or network is beyond me

And to put clients on those servers, given OVH's reputation? Sorry Mike, but that's just asking for trouble

I know OVH are cheap, but there are other providers out there which are much, much better.

So what is going to happen? We are all going to be down until they decide whether they will turn back on your servers? I realize you have just paid your bill, but...what if they don't decide anything until Monday? We will all be down until then?

Supervisors are there 24/7, so hopefully the next shift one see's this is indeed not spam and turns us back up asap. If in the event we are not up by the morning, I will weigh other options.

anything now??..... God!! how long do they take to respond.... :{

I just cant believe how nonchalant these people are over this. Hundreds of clients of Mike's are offline.. the lost ad revenue for all the forum owners, user frustration, advertiser frustration, etc. My advertisers have been blowing up my phone for the last 4 hours.

You'd think they would just turn off relaying or something like that and then talk to the server admins.....shutting the entire web servers down is a bit overkill...

SES doesn't seem to discount the hotmail and AOL complaints, but I suppose I will find out if I ever step over their line.

You'd think they would just turn off relaying or something like that and then talk to the server admins.....shutting the entire web servers down is a bit overkill...

SES doesn't seem to discount the hotmail and AOL complaints, but I suppose I will find out if I ever step over their line.

Agree, they should have blocked port 25 and contacted me, heck block everything but port 80 and only allow my IP on file to SSH port and contact me, but yes this is very extreme. More so since we are an established client with several high end servers, were not someone that just signed up yesterday for a low end Atom.

Almost 300.00 a server is far from cheap. Yes, they do indeed have every cheap low end, but the high end stuff is pretty market standard.

Yea...but OVH is crap, everyone knows that
You only need search via google to know it
You must have known the risks before you signed up
Support is non existant, even at their Canadian DC

Another update..

Hello Sir,

Is not OVH who has flagged your emails as SPAM, It was hotmail who sent the report via our abuse team.

I will send the report to our abuse team.

They will assess your report and deem whether we can reopen your server or you will provide further details about the SPAM activity.

Regards,

--
Daniel @ OVH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom