About the XF update

@Chris D
Okay, thanks.

Does this mean you hired already someone? That is what I understand from point 3.
I read this the same, the reason you may not see a welcome to the team post is sometimes people are on trial hire, or, if they are not frontend people that you see, the company will wait to see if they work out before any announcement. That way when they announce they can cite accomplishments as well as feel assured the person is fit for the team.

I understand, but at least they could have said that they got a new dev on trials without mentioning who it is. Just to keep us updated. Look, 2 months past and I was really thinking that there was no progress in that direction. But luckily thanks to this thread we know that someone is working right now. Having transparency is important imo.

I think it's a balancing act between transparency and giving too much information away. I work for one of the world's top three software companies, and we give customers an idea of what is coming in the future, without over-promising or disclosing too much. It helps with planning. And there are select audiences that we brief under NDA a year-plus in advance about very specific plans. It helps customers and these audiences know that development is active, there is a roadmap, and that their continued investments are a good thing. Also provides customers and other key audiences an opportunity to provide their feedback and input early enough in the process that it can improve things and make a difference. Not saying feedback always drives changes, but it's helpful to get it early and to hear the customer's perspective.

On the other hand, as the owner of a small niche forum, I don't need to know XF's product and feature roadmap six months or a year in advance. But it would be nice to have some idea what's coming down the pike, even if it is just a few months out from release.

One area I think XF has done a great job is informing customers well ahead of time that various versions will be / have reached EOL, and that technical requirements are getting upped.

The front mainpage is still using their (modified) XF 1.0 version. 10 years past and they didn't update their main page.
Just goes to show that "patience is a virtue".

And, just to be clear, the site was launching this week regardless of this thread being posted.

And nothing else is "incoming" imminently. It just means that we now have more developer resources to allocate to XF 2.2 and other projects.

Well what a coincidence. I think I am patient but sometimes I just lose my optimistic views.

That is one slick and compelling website! Congrats!

(The Features page works great, with the menu staying on the screen as you click the choices. But the Solutions page is not doing this.)

Top Bottom