xF Host Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, so I'll be the first negative guy. So far everyone has been calm as cucumbers, which is kind of amazing. I know Mike is going through the same thing as us, but with a 99% uptime guarantee, this isn't the first time things have gone awry. I'm not at the breaking point yet, but I'm getting close.

I agree...my site has been down for hours, was down last week and a couple of weeks before. I think I have been pretty patient, but sorry guys...I have pretty much had it...I like Mike and he is responsive, but I need reliability and this is not cutting it :(

New update..

Hello,

Two of your servers was flagged as sending SPAM to Microsoft hotmail services.

We are obligated to suspend your servers.

--
Daniel @ OVH

This is total BS. We don't allow more then 500 mails per hour on any account and we don't host any non xenForo related clients. Well fighting on this now. If it is found someone from our community is using services to spam.. All the down time you caused everyone, you will be made well aware who you are!

Mike, I go through this at LEAST twice a year with Microsoft. Usually it's caused by some idiot who signs up on the site, and then flags the verification email as spam.

Brogan, can I respectfully ask that we be allowed to keep this thread going? Pretty please? With Mike's site down there's no other real way for us to get updates this fast.

The thread can stay but if he carries through with his threat then it will be closed.

He really should find an alternative way of communicating with his customers for situations such as this, rather than using xenforo.com.
twitter/facebook

Mike, I go through this at LEAST twice a year with Microsoft. Usually it's caused by some idiot who signs up on the site, and then flags the verification email as spam.

Yeah, I'm figuring it is that too.

Like I said, all our accounts are at least $14.95 a month. Spammers don't spend that sort of money on a throw away account when there are thousands on WHT for 2.00 or less.

New update..

Hello Sir,

We won't tolerate sending SPAM from our network. This is strictly forbidden by our terms of service.

I can propose you to re-open all your servers on rescue mode, from there you will be able to mount your hard drive and investigate what happened based on your logs files

Finally, you would send us a report of what you found and what actions were taken to avoid the situation happens again.

We will assess your report and deem whether we can reopen your server.

Regards,

--
Daniel @ OVH

New update..

Hello Sir,

We won't tolerate sending SPAM from our network. This is strictly forbidden by our terms of service.

I can propose you to re-open all your servers on rescue mode, from there you will be able to mount your hard drive and investigate what happened based on your logs files

Finally, you would send us a report of what you found and what actions were taken to avoid the situation happens again.

We will assess your report and deem whether we can reopen your server.

Regards,

--
Daniel @ OVH
can't he give you a phone number to reach him to speed things up ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom