xF Host Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you highly overestimate the patience of your clients. As a former XF Host customer, I feel I can say that with some authority. I'd get the hell out of OHV now and get this problem resolved. Screw your one month payment. Fight it with OHV on your own time and dime. Do you want to be known as the guy who let all these sites be down for 3 or 4 days or the guy who got **** done and got sites back online when things went haywire? If you're looking to build a business hosting XF forums, I'd think the latter would be in your best interest, no matter the cost. Any host that leaves all sites down for days at end is unfit to do business, in my opinion, regardless of who's fault it is. Sometimes you just have to do what you gotta do and fix things.
Wait, are these the same folks he was using when we were on xFHost?

My review of XFHost hosting as follows:
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/recommend-hosting-please.49419/#post-531265

There are many many better alternatives that xfhost.

And Mike, you are able to create free hosting accounts on a multitude of websites and then email all your clients to visit that. Hell even a blogger site would have been better for you or your social network account. This website is NOT the right place for your customer service.

I would highly recommend all your customers to move to a provider who accepts responsibility and one that doesnt make excuses for each downtime and blames it on other parties. Been there, done that. Never again.

Your's nor Dre's negativity isn't needed during this, thanks!
Will you be honoring your SLA of uptime of 99% for the month and crediting all your customers accounts for the month, or will you tell them to contact OVH to get the credit? Or they do they need to contact you for you to honor your agreements?

There seems to be more ex XFHost customers (wonder why) than current XFHost customers on xenforo lately. Coincidence?

My review of XFHost hosting as follows:
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/recommend-hosting-please.49419/#post-531265

There are many many better alternatives that xfhost.

And Mike, you are able to create free hosting accounts on a multitude of websites and then email all your clients to visit that. Hell even a blogger site would have been better for you or your social network account. This website is NOT the right place for your customer service.

I would highly recommend all your customers to move to a provider who accepts responsibility and one that doesnt make excuses for each downtime and blames it on other parties. Been there, done that. Never again.

No offense, but nobody cares about your review of XFHost, this thread is about the downtime everyone is having right now. The last thing anyone wants to read is another pointless review. You're not even a current customer of XFhost who is facing the issues we are right now, keep your opinion and review of xfhost somewhere else. This thread is to keep us updated at what's at hand.

You know I was gonna ask, why doesn't Mike just do the updates on his own site instead of the Off Topic forum of Xenforo, then I realized he probably can't cause his site is down. Which brings up something another member mentioned, do your updates on Facebook and Twitter instead of the Off Topic forum. Probably be less drama for you. Most definitely not as embarrassing either.

You know I was gonna ask, why doesn't Mike just do the updates on his own site instead of the Off Topic forum of Xenforo, then I realized he probably can't cause his site is down. Which brings up something another member mentioned, do your updates on Facebook and Twitter instead of the Off Topic forum. Probably be less drama for you. Most definitely not as embarrassing either.

Maybe some of us don't use twitter or facebook, have you thought about that? I for one don't want a facebook or twitter, I sure know a lot of hosts that don't want their official twitter and facebook either. Xfhost as in Xenforo host, last time I checked this is the official xenforo forum so why not take advantage of it? Like I said this isn't the thread to post about your displeasures with xfhost.

Have a nice day.

do your updates on Facebook and Twitter instead of the Off Topic forum. Probably be less drama for you. Most definitely not as embarrassing either.

As mentioned already in the thread, we have @xFhost on twitter, this was posted here to keep our clients informed that don't know it or just out right hate social networking. Keeping my customers informed comes before a bit of embarrassment that you mentioned. Keeping them in the total dark rather then reaching out to them at every way I can to let them know what is going on, now that would be embarrassing.

Maybe some of us don't use twitter or facebook, have you thought about that? I for one don't want a facebook or twitter, I sure know a lot of hosts that don't want their official twitter and facebook either. Xfhost as in Xenforo host, last time I checked this is the official xenforo forum so why not take advantage of it? Like I said this isn't the thread to post about your displeasures with xfhost.

Have a nice day.
You don't have to have a Facebook or Twitter. Just open up a tab and keep hitting refresh

There seems to be more ex XFHost customers (wonder why) than current XFHost customers on xenforo lately. Coincidence?

While I'm glad both of you bring opinions about XF Host to this topic, I don't see any need for your commentary. You may have things against XF Host, however, whether you believe it appropriate or not, this topic is regarding the status now. tahjay, I'm glad you reviewed XF Host, I read it when I first considered, however as you stated then, you're not looking to harbor animosity toward him.

You both state you found better hosting for yourselves, if so, I don't see why you find it necessary to come back here. You've both moved on, so act like adults and run your sites. I mean that respectfully, but I'm sure you have better things to do.

Have a nice day.
lol I'm just now seeing this.

Where in this thread do you see me airing out my 'displeasures'?

I haven't.

Calm down dude your site will be back up.

Or returning? Wonder why Sheldon's site is down? We put all the xFS bs behind us and he returned as a client. I also don't see all these "ex" clients over populating this thread, I see more current clients then anything else. Now excuse me as I'm in talks with a few data centers to get things back up and running ASAP.

As mentioned already in the thread, we have @xFhost on twitter, this was posted here to keep our clients informed that don't know it or just out right hate social networking. Keeping my customers informed comes before a bit of embarrassment that you mentioned. Keeping them in the total dark rather then reaching out to them at every way I can to let them know what is going on, now that would be embarrassing.
What other hosts do you know of do this in the off topic forum of xenforo? Potential customers looking for new hosts don't need to see this.

I don't see any need for your commentary
He is posting in an off topic section.

Its something he, as a business owner should have realised. If his server went down, how would he communicate. There should have been a mirror, a backup hell even a blog where he could keep everyone updated.

While I'm glad both of you bring opinions about XF Host to this topic, I don't see any need for your commentary. You may have things against XF Host, however, whether you believe it appropriate or not, this topic is regarding the status now. tahjay, I'm glad you reviewed XF Host, I read it when I first considered, however as you stated then, you're not looking to harbor animosity toward him.

You both state you found better hosting for yourselves, if so, I don't see why you find it necessary to come back here. You've both moved on, so act like adults and run your sites. I mean that respectfully, but I'm sure you have better things to do.
I haven't brought any opinion other than where site down time announcements should be posted. Your obviously not reading 'like an adult'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom