XenForo.com keeps going down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jake B.

It seems that XenForo.com has gone down about 5 times in the past couple days which is quite odd.

DDoS attacks aren't usually from one specific country. When attacked, it can be from China, Vietnam, Polan, Latvia, all at the same time. If the traffic was just coming from one country, it would be sort of easy to block.

DDoS attacks aren't usually from one specific country. When attacked, it can be from China, Vietnam, Polan, Latvia, all at the same time. If the traffic was just coming from one country, it would be sort of easy to block.

The reason @Jake B. asked about Vietnam was because another site got "hacked" and posts deleted because someone's mod account got compromised on that site by someone from a Vietnamese IP address and that IP address was shared with someone from a certain banned from here members warez site.

The reason @Jake B. asked about Vietnam was because another site got "hacked" and posts deleted because someone's mod account got compromised on that site by someone from a Vietnamese IP address and that IP address was shared with someone from a certain banned from here members warez site.

It was actually meant as more of a joke

I was busy finishing one of my walkthroughs for YouTube, and until eight minutes ago, I hadn't even been on here since 1:06 PM (PDT). In other words, I wasn't affected. :D

What are you talking about? Cloudflare Business is $200/mo per website. No need to buy "thousands of licenses".

What are you talking about? Cloudflare Business is $200/mo per website. No need to buy "thousands of licenses".

He's talking about there being thousands of xenforo licenses priced at a minimum of $100, which is the cheapest you can get a license at if you have enough of them

Where did I ever say thousands of licenses needed to be purchased? If you reread carefully, you'll see I was talking about xenForos profit margin. Since no quarterly statements have ever been released, based on solely amount of licensed people who post here it can be assumed atleast several thousand xenforo licenses have been sold, giving a profit margin to afford a real service, not something intended for the hobby webmaster. Using CloudFlare for DDoS protection, is like hosting with GoDaddy.

Edit @Jake B. the super ninja! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom