XenForo 1.3 General Discussion & Feedback

Typical, just off for a business trip so upgrade will have to wait a week :-( Will have something to look forward to when arriving back home.

Nice, this week I will first convert my vB install to Xenforo 1.2.5 and then I will work to my upgrade to Xenforo 1.3 and Schowcase 1.3 :)

Upgrade to 1.3, other than few template merger and updates, all plugins seems to work fine.
Excellent upgrade, also I am happy that you guys did all the beta and RC testing before releasing!

Keep up the great work, time for you all to take a small break. :)

Well there ya go! I had this strange twitch in my left earlobe telling me there might be a new version today.

Either that or it's bedbugs. :D

Is a changelog(for 3rd party devs) available?

XenForo said:
A full list will not be released as it's simply too large and the changes are significant. You should use the "Outdated Templates" system (and the new template merging option) to bring your templates up to date. Alternatively, you may wish to simply revert your customizations and redo them.

Just upgraded to 1.3. I think that was the fastest one yet. I left to go do something, came back, and thought something had failed because it was done already. Great work guys!

Wow. That was unexpected.

I just upgraded all of my sites to 1.2.5 just last night, now 1.3.0 is fully supported? Now I gotta get to work today! :)

Unexpected?

1) It's a Tuesday. XenForo releases are always released on a Tuesday.
2) Last Tuesday 1.3 RC2 was released.
3) There are usually only 2 or 3 release candidates.

Even if it wasn't this week, it wouldn't be more than a week or so away. I don't see how this could have been a surprise, or why you would go to the effort of upgrading a number of sites to a 1.2 version when the next version stable release is imminent.

Unexpected?

1) It's a Tuesday. XenForo releases are always released on a Tuesday.
2) Last Tuesday 1.3 RC2 was released.
Some RC's drag on a little longer, like to RC3, RC4, RC5.... C'mon man, you know this.
3) There are usually only 2 or 3 release candidates.
Usually. Not all the time. Usually.
Even if it wasn't this week, it wouldn't be more than a week or so away. I don't see how this could have been a surprise, or why you would go to the effort of upgrading a number of sites to a 1.2 version when the next version stable release is imminent.
Give me a break... I haven't upgraded in a while for some sites; there were some problems recently, one site was spammed hard, and I had to clean it up.

Top Bottom