XenCentral Invite System

XenCentral Invite System [Paid] 1.6.0

No permission to buy ($19.99)
Hello, @Xyphien !

Thank you for the reply.

Will update here with possible fix or inform you in the ticket if there is any configuration-related fix.

Thank you!

Sorry for the delay with this. The issue is definitely connected with Mandril integration, but we didn't manage to test if with that addon yet. We will do asap and inform you in the ticket.

Please update you ticket with a screenshot from your Invite System settings page. Please also let us know, if the registration works when user uses invitation link generated for them specially.

Thank you!

Thanks yes, Mandril, Mailgun and Sendgrid all rewrite urls to add click tracking so something isn't being set correctly in the invite Link property.

View attachment 129378

When sending members over to the referral link, they are prompted with this instead of actually going to the registration page. How do I go about changing this?

Please let us know, if the registration works when user uses invitation link generated for them specially (e.g. a link in format /invite/activate?id=invite_a1de5b60f80a3dd).

Also please check, if the registrations are enabled in your board. This is XenForo option you can find under Options -> Board Active.

Once we reproduce the issue we will fix it.

Thank you!

Please let us know, if the registration works when user uses invitation link generated for them specially (e.g. a link in format /invite/activate?id=invite_a1de5b60f80a3dd).

Also please check, if the registrations are enabled in your board. This is XenForo option you can find under Options -> Board Active.

Once we reproduce the issue we will fix it.

Thank you!
Using https://rpgmakermv.co/invite/activate?id=invite_a1de5b60f80a3dd gives me the same "You must be logged in to do that" page as previously. Also, yes, the board is active, and registrations are allowed. We get around 20-30 members a day with normal registrations.

Hello, @Xyphien

You should check if Unregistered usergroup has permission "Can Use System" in Invite System group. This is mentioned in FAQ section. Let us know if you still have the issue.

Thank you!

Hello, @Xyphien

You should check if Unregistered usergroup has permission "Can Use System" in Invite System group. This is mentioned in FAQ section. Let us know if you still have the issue.

Thank you!
I allowed the invite system to be used for everyone but the unregistered members. Allowing them fixed the issue. Thank you for the help.

Nope, author has disappeared for over a month.... again... sigh.
Meh.. seems the negative reviews still stand then. A shame as this has massive potential.
Okay thanks for the reply and heads up. Hope you get somewhere eventually. Shame that devs just don't help themselves sometimes on here..

Hello, how can we display the number of Registered Users a user has invited in the Member Elements (e.g. in the User Bar of each Post)?

Hello everyone,

Nope, author has disappeared for over a month.... again... sigh.

We have reviewed this on our side, and see that the link we generate is just simple link, so no matter which operation is being done later on it, if it breaks, it is a bug in that addon, not in our link. We just needed more time to review it deeply and see how exactly it is caused, and we didn't have that time, as we have other things to do as well. We will try to troubleshoot it soon and let you know what exactly causes the issue.

Hello, how can we display the number of Registered Users a user has invited in the Member Elements (e.g. in the User Bar of each Post)?

This is not available as a variable for now, but we will add it in upcoming release.

Thank you!

Hello everyone,

We have reviewed this on our side, and see that the link we generate is just simple link, so no matter which operation is being done later on it, if it breaks, it is a bug in that addon, not in our link. We just needed more time to review it deeply and see how exactly it is caused, and we didn't have that time, as we have other things to do as well. We will try to troubleshoot it soon and let you know what exactly causes the issue.

Thank you!

You can't just keep saying that you're busy. We're all busy, difference is I'm your customer like many others here. It's totally unprofessional to openly sell addons in the marketplace and not provide timely support.

The rewrite issue I logged in Jan, it's now almost May that's 3+ months and you've obviously not looked at it properly. There is no other addon running, it's simply an SMTP relay. It happens with your addon only, no other addons that dispatch emails with URLs have this issue to the best of my knowledge.

Again guys sorry to be harsh, your addons are actually pretty solid most of the time but getting support is extremely painful and frustrating. Please address this. If you cannot support your addons you should reconsider selling them or roll them in as unsupported (or free) or some other model that may work out better for everyone.

You can't just keep saying that you're busy. We're all busy, difference is I'm your customer like many others here. It's totally unprofessional to openly sell addons in the marketplace and not provide timely support.

The rewrite issue I logged in Jan, it's now almost May that's 3+ months and you've obviously not looked at it properly. There is no other addon running, it's simply an SMTP relay. It happens with your addon only, no other addons that dispatch emails with URLs have this issue to the best of my knowledge.

Again guys sorry to be harsh, your addons are actually pretty solid most of the time but getting support is extremely painful and frustrating. Please address this. If you cannot support your addons you should reconsider selling them or roll them in as unsupported (or free) or some other model that may work out better for everyone.

We are very sorry for the delay with the support. We will handle this asap. And yes, we think about making this addon freely available, hopefully our customers will get the support they need quickly in that case. However this is not a final decision, we may also hire more staff to look after these small addons.

You will get an update in your ticket with final troubleshooting information soon.

Thank you!

@XCentral Hello, looks like a great resource - I'm a tad hesitant at purchasing due to the customer reviews on slow support. Will the developers be active over the next couple of weeks?
Cheers

@ichpen, just replied in your ticket, please answer there and we will troubleshoot this issue asap.

@Jexie Thank you for considering our addon. Yes, we definitely experience problems with support sometimes, but we always find time to be back to it and fix all known issues, and also add new features. For now the product is stable and we have only one unresolved problem reported for now, which is regarding Mandril integration, so if you don't use it, you shouldn't have any other issues.

Thank you!

Can sombody please help me out? What do i put in for the oauth link?

400. That’s an error.

Error: redirect_uri_mismatch

Application: WhatsGood

You can email the developer of this application at:rahstyles@gmail.com

The redirect URI in the request, http://www.whatsgood.us/invite/handle-find-friend?core=OAuth2&provider=Google&source_id=1, does not match the ones authorized for the OAuth client. Visit https://console.developers.google.c...ps.googleusercontent.com?project=595375394489 to update the authorized redirect URIs.

Learn more

Request Details
That’s all we know.

Last edited:
Top Bottom