XenCentral Invite System

XenCentral Invite System [Paid] 1.6.0

No permission to buy ($19.99)
@XCentral

Hi, can you maybe clearly outline what some of the current limitations are with FB invites as well as other social networks. The FAQ is confusing. You seem to still support old FB API apps and some new method but with some limitations. A paragraph explaining the social network invitations supported and their associated limitations will go a long way to clarify.

Thanks.

I have the invites tab in profile. It's the invites remaining i don't see from "invite friends" page, nobody knows how many invites they have.

Same here, profile page shows no invites sent and no indication of how many invites are remaining. Logged a ticket but who knows how long that will take to get looked at. @XCentral

This looks good, but im put off by the lack of the devs response.

Does it work as intended ?

I got it today and it's buggy. I'm up to 10 tickets today just on this addon. :)

Linkedin doesn't work as it's using old API scopes that linkedin no longer supports so needs to be updated.
Google/G+ sort of works but I just noticed the contact avatars are messed up.
Email appears to work which is good.
Profile invites and limits do not work or show at least.
Facebook seems ok but have not tested thoroughly.

Unfortunately there are no alternatives at the moment that handle invites properly i.e. via the board.

Hoping @XCentral can actually get some fixes out quickly. Right now it's not production ready.

I got it today and it's buggy. I'm up to 10 tickets today just on this addon. :)

Linkedin doesn't work as it's using old API scopes that linkedin no longer supports so needs to be updated.
Google/G+ sort of works but I just noticed the contact avatars are messed up.
Email appears to work which is good.
Profile invites and limits do not work or show at least.
Facebook seems ok but have not tested thoroughly.

Unfortunately there are no alternatives at the moment that handle invites properly i.e. via the board.

Hoping @XCentral can actually get some fixes out quickly. Right now it's not production ready.

As mentioned in our conversation, we are reviewing your tickets and will address them asap. They have been open for no longer than 48 hours, and we have been in touch with you confirming, that they will be reviewed asap. We don't understand your intention to leave a negative feedback based no fact that you could open 10 tickets for the product. The product is successfully used on many other boards, so it shouldn't have that many bugs. Anyway, we will update in individual tickets and hopefully you will reconsider your review.

Hmm.....I was thinking of getting this, but maybe I shouldn't! Where are the Devs of the mod?? :(

We had issues with supporting our addons during summer vocations, but we never gave up supporting them and we review all issues and give definite solutions. You can see it checking all other our addons as well.

Thank you everyone for your support and feedback.

Majority of people are saying a few if not most people f this addon is doesn't work as intended.

I'm put off by the vat which is why I won't be getting this addon.

As mentioned in our conversation, we are reviewing your tickets and will address them asap. They have been open for no longer than 48 hours, and we have been in touch with you confirming, that they will be reviewed asap. We don't understand your intention to leave a negative feedback based no fact that you could open 10 tickets for the product. The product is successfully used on many other boards, so it shouldn't have that many bugs. Anyway, we will update in individual tickets and hopefully you will reconsider your review.

We had issues with supporting our addons during summer vocations, but we never gave up supporting them and we review all issues and give definite solutions. You can see it checking all other our addons as well.

Thank you everyone for your support and feedback.

I'll definitely reconsider my review when I see signs that you're supporting your products in a timely manner. My observations on this particular addon are at this moment accurate to the best of my knowledge or until you tell me otherwise by ticket or in here.

How does this work for Linkedin? Can a user send invite link to all the connections at once or need to send one by one?

Unfortunately the Linkedin implementation doesn't seem to be possible due to changes in Linkedin API. We are revising the integration now and will provide mode details in the next release or will remove the support.

Thank you!

Same here, profile page shows no invites sent and no indication of how many invites are remaining. Logged a ticket but who knows how long that will take to get looked at. @XCentral

Profile page should show the invites already sent (the ones that ended up with a successful registration), and if you don't see it, most likely you don't have the option enabled in product's settings page.

You own license for XenCentral Invite System. It is a free invitation system, with no limitation on number of invites to be sent. The only limitation is usergroup-based flooding option, which is just anti-spam measurement, like it is implemented for posts and other content types in XenForo. It is NOT for limiting total number of invites user may send. We see this is a common misunderstanding among our customers, so we will clarify this in product's page as well. If you have problem with usergroup-based limitation not working, we will address it in our ticket system.

Thank you!

XCentral updated XenCentral Invite System with a new update entry:

XenCentral Invite System 1.5.0 released

Hello everyone,

this is the next release of XenCentral Invite System with some bug fixes and new features implemented. Here the changes introduced in this version:

1. Added message on invitation page to show flooding rules applied to current usergroup.

2. Removed LinkedIn support due to API changes making it impossible to list the friends and send them messages.

3. Deprecated Facebook tab is now optional. The option is disabled by default, so make sure to enable it in product's...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Revising my earlier comments on this addon. Seems to be good now, bugs have been squashed and seems to be hanging together with all supported social networks working. Thanks @XCentral.

It's a true shame that Linkedin was lost but sounds like an API change killed it. Any chance of support for twitter?

Thank you for the update :) can we please get a log in admincp of all invites sent? That's the only really important thing that missing now.

@XCentral

get this at the top of user profile page

Template Errors: xcis_profile_tab_content
  1. Argument 1 passed to XenForo_Template_Helper_Core::helperIsMemberOf() must be of the type array, null given in /library/XenForo/Template/Helper/Core.php, line 1344
  2. Argument 1 passed to XenForo_Model_User::isMemberOfUserGroup() must be of the type array, null given, called in /library/XenForo/Template/Helper/Core.php on line 1352 and defined in /library/XenForo/Model/User.php, line 1707

Thank you for the update :) can we please get a log in admincp of all invites sent? That's the only really important thing that missing now.

@XCentral

get this at the top of user profile page

Template Errors: xcis_profile_tab_content
  1. Argument 1 passed to XenForo_Template_Helper_Core::helperIsMemberOf() must be of the type array, null given in /library/XenForo/Template/Helper/Core.php, line 1344
  2. Argument 1 passed to XenForo_Model_User::isMemberOfUserGroup() must be of the type array, null given, called in /library/XenForo/Template/Helper/Core.php on line 1352 and defined in /library/XenForo/Model/User.php, line 1707

Thank you for the suggestion and the report. We will check this now and inform you soon.

Thank you!

Top Bottom