Xen Notices [Deleted]

Found 1 small bug (?)

Says you can use html .... But it may not be compatible with XenForo linking

Code:
<a href="{xen:link 'login'}" >login here</a>

When clicked on the notice it

http://www.sociallyuncensored.eu/forums/%7Bxen:link%20'login'%7D

Yeah. Sorry about that. It's actually as designed.

It's because the notice HTML is rendered from the JavaScript rather than a template.

You will have to just use good old <a href="login">login here<\a>

Yorick... would it be difficult to add a "FB Like" and "Tweet this" notifications.. with the buttons?
Should be ok though would have to check for the same reasons as mentioned above.

What would the social buttons be sharing? The current page?

Yeah. Sorry about that. It's actually as designed.

It's because the notice HTML is rendered from the JavaScript rather than a template.

You will have to just use good old <a href="login">login here<\a>
^ Get some sleep.

In truth it maybe better that way as it will not depend so much on the template. Better compatibility and less to load through the general system.

OK, I'm completely fine with that :)

Should be ok though would have to check for the same reasons as mentioned above.

What would the social buttons be sharing? The current page?
The group (if not group, Page).. & if possible threads.. like Mr.Goodies has that pop up thingy.

You can use html, so should be doable.
And how would that be? is there any link (URL) for "like this page" to be pasted in the URL form?

@TheVisitors
Looks like you are the one who needs sleep more than anyone else :D

The group (if not group, Page).. & if possible threads.. like Mr.Goodies has that pop up thingy.

And how would that be? is there any link (URL) for "like this page" to be pasted in the URL form?

@TheVisitors
Facebook and Twitter has the code (html) on their development sites. Copy and paste .... Real easy.

Time is now 5:00 AM .... Will be sleeping soon. So glad nothing going on Monday

I bought this the other day, still haven't had time to play around with it though. I was just wondering, how will you handle updates with the fetchapp stuff?

Hopefully will play around with it a bit later...

I bought this the other day, still haven't had time to play around with it though. I was just wondering, how will you handle updates with the fetchapp stuff?

Hopefully will play around with it a bit later...
I update the file on FetchApp, anyone who has bought it gets the updated file :D

Thanks for your purchase (and to everyone else, by the way. Really appreciate it :D)

I update the file on FetchApp, anyone who has bought it gets the updated file :D

Thanks for your purchase (and to everyone else, by the way. Really appreciate it :D)
You do know the generated e-mail I got says you can download the attached only 3 times before it expires, right?

I wonder if that is per release / version or collectively over the whole purchase :confused:

edit:

Hi The,

Thanks again for purchasing from DeemIT!

Use the link below to download your items. This link may be used up to 3 times before it expires on forever. Please ensure the entire URL is copied to your web browser.

http://************.fetchapp.com/*************

For support email us at *******@*******.co.uk. Please include your order number (***********) with your inquiry.

It's been a pleasure doing business with you!

Be sure to check out my other add-ons at http://xenforo.com/community/resources/authors/chris-deeming.11388/

@TheVisitors

Yep, it works fine for the Facebook "Like Box" which will allow people to like your Facebook page (not groups - Facebook seems to be abandoning Groups. It never seems to get any love. No official widgets at all for it).

You can generate the code here: https://developers.facebook.com/docs/reference/plugins/like-box/

Once you click Get Code click on the XFBML and paste the code from "Step 3" only into the "Text" field of your Notification.

Attachments

• Facebook.webp
    Facebook.webp
    5.4 KB · Views: 34
You do know the generated e-mail I got says you can download the attached only 3 times before it expires, right?

I wonder if that is per release / version or collectively over the whole purchase :confused:
Yes, deliberate. I think it's a relatively OK measure to ensure one of the URLs doesn't end up being plastered all over the internet for all to use.

Of course if anyone legitimately needs to download it more times then I can be contacted and that's ok.

As for updates, it will be a fresh 3 downloads for each one.

I have full control over it - any issues people can just e-mail or PM me.

Perhaps i should have been more explicit... This was the idea
  1. If users logged in FB, throw a notice asking if they want to like our page (automatically.. is there a possibility to add criteria to check FB login?)
  2. <*Same for twitter*>
Copying the "Like Page" URL is a good idea too... but i would not know if the users are logged into FB or not..

Yes, deliberate. I think it's a relatively OK measure to ensure one of the URLs doesn't end up being plastered all over the internet for all to use.

Of course if anyone legitimately needs to download it more times then I can be contacted and that's ok.

As for updates, it will be a fresh 3 downloads for each one.

I have full control over it - any issues people can just e-mail or PM me.
Oh, OK. That makes sense now. Smart move on them. ;)

(I need sleep. I read your post and thought that we only had 3 updates lol)

Perhaps i should have been more explicit... This was the idea
  1. If users logged in FB, throw a notice asking if they want to like our page (automatically.. is there a possibility to add criteria to check FB login?)
  2. <*Same for twitter*>
Copying the "Like Page" URL is a good idea too... but i would not know if the users are logged into FB or not..

Even if they didn't, if they click the like link, it will ask them to login.

1. There are ways to check if a user is logged in to Facebook - all require advanced Facebook development knowledge and is beyond the remit of this add-on. The Like box will show whether someone is logged in, or not, but if they aren't logged in and they click Like then they will be asked to log in. Also it has a link to your page, so even if someone isn't registered to Facebook, they may still want to visit your page from time to time.
2. <*Same for Twitter*>

Twitter.webp

Twitter button can be added as per the code generated here:

https://twitter.com/about/resources/buttons

2012-07-16_163339.png

Top Bottom