Xen Notices [Deleted]

Definitely will be picking this up sometime this week. Looks like something I can style and try something with. Excellent job indeed.

Great work Yorick. Looks great! :)

May want to use this instead of MassAlert. Still debating, but I like the direction this going :D

Great work Yorick. Looks great! :)

May want to use this instead of MassAlert. Still debating, but I like the direction this going :D
I think it would work well as a replacement for that.

You can target usergroups, specific users, and also have notifications displaying permanently until a certain date:

TimeLimit.webp

I was going to use this on my own forum to remind news writers to check the registered news feeds for content every day at certain times.

How many 'notices' can be sent to someone at once? For example, I don't want someone that hasn't been around for a while to get 12 notices because they have been 'adding up' while they've been away.

Screw it, i'm purchasing it now. I can't resist. I know this may not go down well with others but I seriously think your under charging Yorick. But just so you know developers who constantly develop and improve their resources I always make further donations for their efforts.

anyway, yeah. got to log into paypal it was really the only reason i was holding off because of my laziness.

How many 'notices' can be sent to someone at once? For example, I don't want someone that hasn't been around for a while to get 12 notices because they have been 'adding up' while they've been away.
They can be sent infinite number, just like in theory you can set infinite numbers of normal notices, so you do have to be careful.

You can set expiry dates on them, though. You just set the date criteria as per my post above.

Screw it, i'm purchasing it now. I can't resist. I know this may not go down well with others but I seriously think your under charging Yorick. But just so you know developers who constantly develop and improve their resources I always make further donations for their efforts.

anyway, yeah. got to log into paypal it was really the only reason i was holding off because of my laziness.
Aww, thanks Shelley :D

Let me know how you get on, and if you have any feedback or ideas, let me know.

Aww, thanks Shelley :D

Let me know how you get on, and if you have any feedback or ideas, let me know.

Installed perfectly, without any issues and just created my first notice. So far things are looking good and plenty of options which is nice. I'll tinker with it some more and give a more thorough review later but first impressions excellent job. :thumbsup:

Oh, by the way, would appreciate feedback on the checkout procedure, and delivery.

I wanted a system that was fully automated so when you pay the file gets instantly delivered.

I'm using FetchApp, if your feedback is positive I will use it again.

Oh, by the way, would appreciate feedback on the checkout procedure, and delivery.

I wanted a system that was fully automated so when you pay the file gets instantly delivered.

I'm using FetchApp, if your feedback is positive I will use it again.

No issues whatsoever with the automated checkout delivery service. Paid, got e-mail (linkto download) click installed within 2 minutes. So for me it was quick.

Can't wait to see how Shelley adds her graphical touches to this one ;)

It looks like each notification has it's own ID which makes it possible to style.

But would I need to make these styling adjustments and place them in extra.css Yorick? it looks like I do which isn't a problem.

Yeah each notification can have either light, dark or custom styling. If you choose custom you have to specify a class name such as gritter-red.

As long as gritter-red is defined in CSS then it will be used.

EXTRA.css is fine.

However, I have included an additional template called GritterEXTRA.css.

Put whatever you like in here. There's some comments and an example class called gritter-red for you to copy and paste and amend accordingly.

Yeah each notification can have either light, dark or custom styling. If you choose custom you have to specify a class name such as gritter-red.

As long as gritter-red is defined in CSS then it will be used.

EXTRA.css is fine.

However, I have included an additional template called GritterEXTRA.css.

Put whatever you like in here. There's some comments and an example class called gritter-red for you to copy and paste and amend accordingly.

I think I'm going to use the generated notification IDs i think it will be easier for me to manage in the long term. I'll just throw it all in extra and clog up an already clogged template. Got my first notice quickly styled which brings me to a suggestion. Not sure whether this is possible but an option to include the medium sized avatar in notifications per notification?Oh and awesome job having fun with this. :)

notifications.webp

Good Work, will get it soon. :)

I've an improvement idea: How about a setting that deletes the notice automatically if it is targeted to a specific user and he has seen and dismissed it? Or at least a flag in the admin screen of the notice that it has been seen and dismissed?

Nice suggestion.

Think I'll include that. Maybe an option to choose any of the 3 sizes.

Looking good.

I was half expecting you to ditch the box shape and do a bacon shape notification haha.

Good Work, will get it soon. :)

I've an improvement idea: How about a setting that deletes the notice automatically if it is targeted to a specific user and he has seen and dismissed it? Or at least a flag in the admin screen of the notice that it has been seen and dismissed?
Also a nice suggestion.

I guess I could write a cron job that runs every x minutes/hours that ascertains who it applies to and who has dismissed. Might go for disabling it rather than deleting, but yeah. I'll see if I can make this work.

Top Bottom