Which addons would you require?

• Thread starter Thread starter Floris
  • Start date Start date
F

Floris

What would be a showstopper for you during purchase, if you could get a copy -right now-, in regards to add-ons? Compared to other BBS solutions or what you are using right now?

'Likes' are nice but I'd need a reputation system...
Also from looking at my installed mods...
An "Admin login as user" (maybe this will be built in?)
Advanced BBCode permissions based on usergroup
Users pick their own favorite smilies
Smilies in the Quick Reply editor
Arcade (preferably compatible with IBPro and V3 games)
Is there an Ignore list? Would be good if ignored users can't reply to threads of users ignoring them at all
Live Topic (preferably this gets built in)
AE Detector
VBadvanced or something like it
VBAdvanced Links Directory'
oh and the [you] bb code. :)

'Likes' are nice but I'd need a reputation system...
Smilies in the Quick Reply editor

What is wrong with the Like system? It's pretty much a replacement for the reputation system... what do you feel missing here?

As for the smilies thing, do you mean a box with all the smilies already displayed? otherwise clicking the smiling icon in the editor will show you the smilies available, and it's in the QR box.

I like the system it has now. It stops people from giving people bad rep for stupid reasons. It's either good rep, or none at all.

I also like the Mood plug-in, don't know why, I guess because it lets me express myself? lol

I'd be after:
  • Paypal IPN integration (virtual goods, subscriptions, etc)
  • "Enterprise" quality code that scales
  • Sphinx search integration
  • Extensive caching (Memcache/NoSQL sort of stuff)
  • Mobile friendly (iOS/Android/Blackberry apps, mobile skins)

What is wrong with the Like system? It's pretty much a replacement for the reputation system... what do you feel missing here?

As for the smilies thing, do you mean a box with all the smilies already displayed? otherwise clicking the smiling icon in the editor will show you the smilies available, and it's in the QR box.

What's missing?
A visual display in the postbit
No "un-like" AKA "Bad Rep"
No "Rep Power" equivalent

What's missing?
A visual display in the postbit
No "un-like" AKA "Bad Rep"
No "Rep Power" equivalent

There won't be a "Dislike" button, though I imagine you could make a mod for it.

I can see the point of "Like Power," and since how many you have is tracked already I imagine it wouldn't be hard to make a mod for this either.

A lot of elements are taken out of the postbit for the sake of simplicity. Wouldn't surprise me if you could add it very easily though.

I like the system it has now. It stops people from giving people bad rep for stupid reasons. It's either good rep, or none at all.

I appreciate your opinion but this isn't a thread to debate the merrits of one system over another, it is simply to list things I'd *need* to consider changing over. I'm personally very happy with vB 3.8. But it's nice to know there will be future alternatives, if XF has these features I would be more likely to change. That is all.

Perhaps 'require' isn't the correct word for me to use. 'Desperately Hope for' is more like it.

A smiley system much like *choke* vB's *recover*, where you can categorize your smilies, then adjust in what order they will appear in that category.
Also adjust what order the categories will appear.

In case no one has noticed, I'm a smiley addict. I love my smiles, have hundreds of them. I like to use them all, and like them categorized and ordered.
That way if I want an irritated smiley, I can go to the correct category to get it, rather than having to scroll through hundreds of smilies to find it, and probably miss it the first 2-3 times.

PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAASE!!!
praying.gif

I like to use them all, and like them categorized and ordered.
That way if I want an irritated smiley, I can go to the correct category to get it, rather than having to scroll through hundreds of smilies to find it, and probably miss it the first 2-3 times.
I'm right there with ya' on that one! I would love to see some type of stock smiley tool for organizing large collections rather than the giant one page format that vB uses.

Top Bottom