Which addons would you like to see as standard in Xenforo?

I would like to see the ability to report profiles, Lots of spam users sign up just to add links to their profiles like here for example: http://xenforo.com/community/members/clyde-a-black.46281/

I had to solve this on my own installation by wrapping a conditional around the homepage link on the profile so only logged in members can see it.

I would also like to see the ability to merge users like Brandon said. We bought out a rival forum last year and some users are dupes and users being able to change the topic title would be cool too.. We get a lot of change requests from users.

Forum Watch (user option)
Forum Watch by Usergroup (admin allocation) I have this as a hack on bd forum watch. This is immensely useful for team work, or building closer connections among a usergroup. Not so much for large very busy boards though except for a small sub group.

Forum Watch (user option)
Forum Watch by Usergroup (admin allocation) I have this as a hack on bd forum watch. This is immensely useful for team work, or building closer connections among a usergroup. Not so much for large very busy boards though except for a small sub group.

I have Forum Watch on mine as well. I have a group that needs to centralize information as email is fractured and frequently missed. I added this and now everyone is happy.

Simple article system.

Blogs.

Option to disable all kind of link posting for members who havent reached a certain level of trophie points.

Option for a sitewide sidebar, with a widget framework

Responsive design (mobile on stock xenForo is a pain)

Just curious there's a lot of mention of blogs wanted, even throughout the forum people wanting to adapt other add-ons to a blog type system. Is there anything wrong with the current 2 blogging add-ons current in the RM? I know one i used always worked great for me.

Some might be covered already (didn't read the full thread), but here's a few on my list:

- auto-save posts
- Automatic welcome PM or e-mail for new members
- Descriptive RSS feeds (Chris's add-on)
- vB-like filtering for keywords in RSS feeds
- Total forum-thread views (Lawrence's add-on)
- Upload signature images
- Limitations for signatures of new members
- Maintenance screen while updating
- Auto-update add-ons
- Multi-Thread moderation/spam control
- Twitter/LinkedIn/Google authentication
- Thread tagging
- [bd] tag me

Just curious there's a lot of mention of blogs wanted, even throughout the forum people wantinbecaupt other add-ons to a blog type system. Is there anything wrong with the current 2 blogging add-ons current in the RM? I know one i used always worked great for me.
No there is nothing wrong with them, but if you run a business where blogs is an important area, it is a little risky to rely on an addon becaurse the person coding it might stop development and support, this often happens with addons. Also if its integrated with xenForo, it is more likly that other styles and addons play together with the blog part.

Not sure if there already an add-on (the topic of this thread) but a recent 'Wish List' item for me is quick registration via the quick reply box at the bottom of the thread, similar to how Disqus handles it, to encourage more signups.

Wow what a great idea for a mod. I hope some developer adds this because it would explode traffic! Capture people when they're most interested and entice them to join at point of engagement. Great idea!

Wow what a great idea for a mod. I hope some developer adds this because it would explode traffic! Capture people when they're most interested and entice them to join at point of engagement. Great idea!

Couldn't find Kevin's original post so registering support via this one. Great idea - very much in line with the XF genius in placing the quick reply box with my avatar all ready at foot of thread page - making me already part of it.

I'd like to see:
Post Ratings
Profile Posts with BB Codes

But the main one I'd love to see as standard or an official addon:

Social Groups with a group forum, group calendar of events (with google maps integration, friend invites, attendance, etc), group photo album, group blog, group newsletter, decent alerts to group members, & decent privacy permissions (invitation only, public, private, who can post threads, who can reply to threads, who can post blog posts, who can reply to blog posts, who can add photos, who can add events, etc.). And ability for group admin to style the social group with their own "complete" backgrounds, colors, and fonts. Social groups would have a very simple header and footer (not the entire site's header and footer) that would inherit the social group admin's custom style they created for their group. Site admin can add ads at the top and bottom of groups.

Right now it's important to add more core forum features into xenforo. I consider all things you can see here to be core forum features. Basically nearly all of Syndol's "Essentials" add-ons are bound to be integrated in the core. They have the term "Essentials" for a reason.

- Responsive default theme
- Widget Framework
- Friends (for private sharing, not for showing off)
- Tagging
- TMS

Addon Installer
Using something not TinyMCE as editor (I really, really hate how TinyMCE formats BBCode)

Since the most requested addons are all suggested, this will be my list of other (mostly smaller) addons:
Join User Groups
Add Username Style to Last Post
Help Pages
DP Spy
Template Syntax
Developer Kit
Allow Moderators to ban users (Easy Ban)
DamnComputer - Status in Post
Add Poll To Existing Threads
HTML (BBCode actually) in Custom Titles
BBCode Permissions
Search this thread
Reset Passwordusing Secret Question / Login using Secret Question as psuedo-two-factor auth
Find users sharing the same IP
Separate Sticky and Normal Threads
sonnb - Profanity Filter + ******* - Censorship per node
Template Tools for Admin (filter templates by addon)
[3.studIo] Usergroup Ranks (I do miss the usergroup ranks in vB... will give out my code if needed)
XenAtendo
Post Edit Reason (as part of post edit history)
XenPorta (as CMS, as official addon)
[bd] Paygates
Topic Starter's rights / Threadmins
[TinhTe] More Xenforo Permissions
Signature Restriction
Xenplaza - Limit Votes on Multiple Votes Poll
DP Mass Move
Reset Password From ACP
Quick Reply Preview
[Karll] With all watched threads (Better Watched Threads management)
Punish System

Things that would certainly be nice but not required:

Mark Thread as Read
Friends
[Darth] Administrate Forum (just a bunch of shortcuts)
Social Groups (prefer core, but official addon is fine)
Enforce Post Rules
Forum List Tabs by Waindigo
Email Change Log
GoodForNothing Title Manipulator
Number of Posts to Send Personal Conversations

Kier and Mike can spend 2-3 years copying Wordpress and it will still not be the same and will not have the choice of themes or plugins. Sure they can develop a CMS, Blog, Gallery, etc. But why? Seamless integration between Wordpress and XenForo and release of some WP widgets would give users far better choices and power over their website.

The same is applicable to Menalto Gallery and MediaWiki.

Top Bottom