Which addons would you require?

• Thread starter Thread starter Floris
  • Start date Start date
F

Floris

What would be a showstopper for you during purchase, if you could get a copy -right now-, in regards to add-ons? Compared to other BBS solutions or what you are using right now?

What would be a showstopper for you during purchase, if you could get a copy -right now-, in regards to add-ons? Compared to other BBS solutions or what you are using right now?

* Must Have
RSS Feeder, CMS(frontpage & blocks of content that can be displayed anywhere), Group Moderator, Custom Profile Fields, and a mod that allows video play in posts such as youtube - etc.

* Nice To Have
File Manager(downloads/gallery), Arcade, Blog, and Store.

Ignore user, ignore thread, ignore forum (with admin overrides).

These three for me, also. Ignore user -- needed, but smaller priority (for me). Ignore forum can be done with joinable usergroups (user leaves the usergroup that has access to that forum, and the forum is "ignored"), so there's a small workaround for this one. But ignore thread is a really needed one. For people who have not gotten used to it, it might not seem that important, but on my current vB forum people use it all the time to filter out unimportant threads. After having used this for years, I couldn't imagine a forum without this feature.

As it happens, I wrote the original vBookie mod (you may know me as tjdrico on vbulletin.org). If I get a copy of XenForo, vBookie is one mod I'd think about re-implementing.

Nice to know people still use it after 6 years. :D

This is one our users are most worried about losing when we move to XF so would be great if you were able to port it across.

Top Bottom