Which addons would you require?

• Thread starter Thread starter Floris
  • Start date Start date
F

Floris

What would be a showstopper for you during purchase, if you could get a copy -right now-, in regards to add-ons? Compared to other BBS solutions or what you are using right now?

I need the following for my forums:
  • Gallery (I use VBGallery)
  • iTrader (ebay like feedback system from VB.org)
  • Paid Subscriptions (Standard in VB3)
  • Integration with 3rd part spam systems like akismet

I'd like to have something like this
vBISpy - AJAX real-time feed of new posts/threads
Cyb- Advanced forum statistics

In short, a way to display top 5/10 latest posts and have it updates in real time via ajax

The "spy" thing, or rather "ajax refresh for new content on unread-content page" has my support for sure.
The news feed of new content having an ajax refresh of even 5 minutes, would already be quite awesome.
As admin or mod you can keep an eye on what's new in one monitor on a computer, or a tab, while working on the other computer or other monitor on the computer.

I will just be happy to see this come out first, the more I play with this forum, the better it gets. Really lovely piece of software, I just hope it wont be out of my reach like all the other paying ones.

Maybe the ability to be able to use VB Mods out of the box, now that would be brilliant. ;)

Never been a VB user mate, however it is well known that they have a superior mod database compared to anyone else, I was thinking of moving over, but then I saw this and decided to take a look.

Gotcha (again).

As a vb3.8 user, and a user of IPB for 5 months on a test board (and ips forums), you may want to hang out and see what develops. :)

My community really has to have a feedback system for transactions along the lines of iTrader. We have an active B/S/T marketplace and that information is essential to us. I'm sure there are some other things, but that was the first thing that came to mind when I saw the question.

Same for me, most of the products/plugins we use are just niceties for the users or tweaks to get around vBulletin issues, but having iTrader (or something similar) is an absolute must before we could move to any different software.

If this sob'in software doesn't include a php-auction bridge and integration, I'm suing.

I wish there was a sarcasm ubb.

The only thing I desperately desire is good documentation that admins, as well as developers, could use.

I require:
  • Sphinx integration.
  • Albums.
  • Gifts.
  • Private threads (starter can specify other participants, and the thread is locked to everyone but them).
  • A jQuery chatroom (or FlashChat integration, preferably the former).
  • Registration attempt logging and a multiple account detector.
  • Bad Behavior integration.
  • More statistics and logs than I can shake a stick at.

Not a single one of those things are true show stoppers though. If I can't find them somewhere, then I'll code them myself or port them from vBulletin.

I would need them before going live, but it wouldn't stop me from purchasing a license.

Sphinx - future
Albums - possible
Gifts - definitely addon
Private Threads - Private Conversations (?)
jQuery Chatroom - kill your server with an addon
Bad Behaviour - definitely addon
More stats and logs - what exactly do you need? I've suggested this, but it may be possible this may be an addon.

Without a doubt,
  1. Articles - Multiple Categories, Comments, Tagging.
  2. Asset Manager - Ability to handle image assets. Organize them into articles, or albums. Use them in posts, or in articles.
  3. Metrics - Ability to get useful metrics from my site.

Top Bottom