Add-on [AD Credits] What would you like to see in a credits add-on?

This could be a very promising add-on. May I suggest the following:
- Ability for users to earn credits through admin-specified forum activity. ie - post X times in Y forum and receive Z credits.
- Ability for users to buy credits using User Upgrades payment gateways.
- Ability for users to gift credits to other users.
- Ability for users to spend credits to unlock specific permissions.
- Ability for users to spend credits at a "gift shop."

- Ability for users to earn credits through admin-specified forum activity. ie - post X times in Y forum and receive Z credits.
You can already set the amount of credits given for specific nodes
- Ability for users to buy credits using User Upgrades payment gateways.
Already done, sort of. It doesn't use the user upgrades, it has a gateway that we built for it.
- Ability for users to gift credits to other users.
Already done
- Ability for users to spend credits to unlock specific permissions.
That is planned, but not done yet.
- Ability for users to spend credits at a "gift shop."
We have already built a shop framework for it. Right now the only module we have done for that is something similar to the user upgrades feature of xenforo, but it uses credits.

Will the gateway will support more than just Paypal?

Currently, no. In the future (probably before the first public release) yes, definitely. I have plans to have PayPal and AlertPay as an option, however it should be very easy to extend and add your own.

Fair enough @Jake B.

I recognize that Paypal is the most popular payment platform with just about any customer, so it makes sense for you to use Paypal primarily. I simply despise Paypal and refuse to support them if at all possible. I'm sure I'm not alone on that front.

I appreciate your responses and I hope to see your add-on soon!

Fair enough @Jake B.

I recognize that Paypal is the most popular payment platform with just about any customer, so it makes sense for you to use Paypal primarily. I simply despise Paypal and refuse to support them if at all possible. I'm sure I'm not alone on that front.

I appreciate your responses and I hope to see your add-on soon!
There is no any good opponent to paypal, its a shame.

We do plan to do something like this. Although, the RM isn't really made to support payments, so it would require quite a bit of work. We will most likely have something available for the Product Manager by @Chris D before we do that.

Last edited:
The initial release of this add-on can be expected in the next week or so. The price point for this will probably be around $40 or so. I'll be posting some screenshots today or tomorrow when I have time :)

- Jake

Looking forward to it Jake. Next on the list.

If this Credits Add-on is done right. You can definetly beat ******* and take a lot of his customers.

That's why i like ******* as a developer so much. He's got a lot of "ideas" with his Credits add-on.

In fact he's got alot of things to do with his Credits Add-ons and i believe he is planning on making more.

But what is hurting him is his support is slow and the fact that you can't use his add-ons on localhost even after you pay for them.

If you plan on developing and supporting this Credits Add-on for a long time.

Then i got 2 tips for you. "Listen To Your Customers" and "Don't jam everything into 1 Add-On"

1. One of the main things to remember is Every Forum is Different and Every Forum will use the credits add-on in a different way. So it makes sense to listen to your customers even tho sometimes you make think that a feature request is stupid or doesn't make sense. You should try your best to add it for them. (even if they asked for a big feature request after they bought it

2. Personally I don't think everything that customers want should be jammed into 1 Add-on. For starters some people might not want to use all the features and by not jamming all the features into 1 single add-on. The price would be cheaper and it would be worthwhile for you and make you more money in the end. The solution would be to make different add-ons. This is why ******* has many different add-ons for his credits add-on and not just 1 add-on.

Here is some suggestions that i think would work well:

1. There should be 4 Credits Add-ons.

A) XenForo Credits Add-on
B) Resource Manager Credits Add-on
C) Media Gallery Credits Add-on
D) Spend Credits Shop

Now i will explain what each of these do.

A) This credits add-on would be used specifically for the XenForo Script. Earning or Losing Credits for transations within the script. Such as:
- Creating new threads
- Replying to Threads
- Bumping Threads
- Liking Posts
- and many other features etc..

B) This credits add-on would be used specifically for the Resource Manager Script. Earning or Losing Credits for transations within the script. Such as:
- Creating new resources
- Updating Resources
- Liking Resources
- Downloadings Resources

C) This credits add-on would be used specifically for the Media Gallery Script. Earning or Losing Credits for transations within the script. Such as:
- Uploading Media
- Viewing Media
- Liking Media
- Downloading Media

D) This credits add-on would be used specifically to spend your Credits. Such as:
- Changing username
- Adding Signature
- Changing Birthday

I think there is a big demand for all of the above Credits Add-ons and if you give excellent customer support then i don't think you will have a problem with a paid credits add-on. Customers will be happy to give you their money.

I definetly would be happy buying this add-on and paying a small yearly fee for updates and new features.

I do believe developers should be rewared for their add-ons. But the main thing is to listen to your customers.

******* has lots of add-ons with credits. At the moment i'm not sure what's going on with him and xenforo. Many people are worried about our future and his future.

For my sake i do hope ******* stays on the right path because i am happy to buy his credits add-ons. His Credits Strategy is on the right Path. But at the moment there is no competition.
The other credits add-ons are abanndoned or not supported. And let me tell you a little secret "Many people wish there was an alternative and are looking for an alternative"

And competetion is always good! So i am glad to see another credits add-on being released.

At the moment i am currently with *******. He has added all the features i requested with his credits add-on and he is planning on developing an add-on with the Credits Media Gallery. If ******* reads this. My message to him is " If you don't want any developers to beat you. You must improve your customer service"

But ones things for sure! I don't get attached to developers. I always go for the Best Product and Best Customer Service and If you develop the same features as all of his credits add-ons plus more and better features. Then you definetly have me as a long time customer.

I wish you luck!

Last edited:
So it makes sense to listen to your customers even tho sometimes you make think that a feature request is stupid or doesn't make sense. You should try your best to add it for them. (even if they asked for a big feature request after they bought it
Disagree entirely. The developer should consider it, but the idea has to match into their idea for the longetivity of the addon. Catering for small custom requests from even a small percentage of purchasers can quickly turn a quality addon into something that looks like a dogs breakfast.

Personally I don't think everything that customers want should be jammed into 1 Add-on. For starters some people might not want to use all the features and by not jamming all the features into 1 single add-on. The price would be cheaper and it would be worthwhile for you and make you more money in the end. The solution would be to make different add-ons. This is why ******* has many different add-ons for his credits add-on and not just 1 add-on.
Why not? I will most likely purchase this addon and will not be using the features where you get credits for doing X activities on the forum. Instead I will make credit points purchased and what i want to leverage is what I can do with those credit points with other addons...for example integration with something like pickem which allows the users to enter a special paid comp. Everyone will use this addon differently, and i certainly dont mind paying the full price even though i wont be using certain features. Kinda like how people pay for any piece of software and dont use most of the features. When was the last time someone approached Microsoft to give them a dumbed down version of their OS because 'i dont use those features so give me a lower price for what i will be using...'...How this addon integrates and works with others is going to be the biggest selling point.

As for your comment about splitting things into how ******* has done it....ughhh...hope not. Infact the less learnt from certain developers practices the better.

Top Bottom