Add-on [AD Credits] What would you like to see in a credits add-on?

To be honest, I don't really like the Credits tab. Will it be possible to remove it with options and put it elsewhere?
Also, question for @Mike Creuzer, do you plan to add support for this addon with UI.X? I don't know how it can be supported but there is certainly a way to add options don't you think? =D

To be honest, I don't really like the Credits tab. Will it be possible to remove it with options and put it elsewhere?
Also, question for @Mike Creuzer, do you plan to add support for this addon with UI.X? I don't know how it can be supported but there is certainly a way to add options don't you think? =D
Yes I agree, I think its just for dev purposes. The shop add-on part will have its own tab I reckon.

For the average add-on, UI.X and any 'good theme or add-on' should work without any additional code except in rare situations such as where XenForo gets in the way or the plugin is just so involved it needs a completely new markup and or interface.

But yes we will make sure the markup of this add-on coincides with best practice to ensure it works in all themes. Especially UI.X :P

How about integration with chris's products add on? Just an idea to boost the "things to buy" ideas

There is an option to remove the credits tab. You can also click on the number of credits you have in the sidebar on the forum index to get to the credits page as well.

Also, I will test it out on UI.X and the other Audentio themes to make sure it all works properly. There is no reason that it shouldn't though, so I thin everything will be fine on that part.

Sorry for the delay with updates, I've been pretty busy the past couple days. Here are some new screenshots:
package_list.webp
permissions.webp
options.webp

UPDATE: The core add-on is basically complete (apart from any changes we will make to be more easily extended). So I am beginning work on the shop now.

I would propose to earn credits when reading threads from specifics forums. I have content to promote and it would be something cool to have :)

I've started work on the Shop portion of this add-on, but I do need some ideas of what product types should be included by default (It will be very easy to extend and add your own). These product types will be included with the shop add-on, and will not require a separate purchase for each one.

Currently planned product types:
- Buying a permision (for a X uses)
- Buy your way into a usergroup (for X days, months, etc)

Also planned (probably after the beta starts):
- Earning credits for posting resources in RM
- Using credits to purchase from RM
- Using credits to purchase from @Chris D's Product Manager add-on

Since credits can be purchased, Maybe a feature to use credits to not gets ads displayed or just limit ads.

Will it be possible to find a way to attach credit value to fb like/recommend threads?

Last edited:
do you have option, buy credit to view thread, buy credit to post thread, buy credit to post replay??

Hey I didn't read through all 4 pages so forgive me if this was already stated. One of the biggest issues I see with Credits, Points, etc... is the actual Store to spend them in. I currently have the Premium Credits by ******* and it works great, but holy crap there is no store!

So if you're making this new credit system then I have a couple of suggestions that may or may not have already been stated. But it's only going to matter if you're also going to make the store with it.

Credit System:
  • Transfer or Import credits from Credits Premium
    Would really help those of us who already spent money on a previous credit system.
  • Ability to globally assign X amount of Credits.
    Everyone gets 30 Credits for some random reason? I can easily give that out without having to tweak each user individually
  • Ability to name the currency anything you want with a symbol or image.
    Credits, Points, Cash, Bucks, Coins, whatever
  • Ability to manually adjust or assign credits.
    A lot of people use credits very differently. I use them for a manual action people take that isn't related to the actual forum. Because of this, I have to assign credits on an individual basis. It would be helpful if I had a full list of all members with their current credits so I could adjust everyone on a single page rather than have to run back and fourth clicking through each user.
  • Ability to transfer or donate credits
    Give one person credits from your own credit pool and optionally have some sort of exchange rate for this. ie... 2:1 ratio or something.
Credit Store:
  • Ability to create a new thread in a selected forum when someone purchases an item.
    Can choose who the account is that makes the post and where the forum is so it doesn't necessarily have to be a public forum. It could be accessible to admins only if I wanted it set up that way.
  • Free Form!
    Create ANY item you want by uploading an image and inputting a description.
  • Usergroup.
    Allows a user to purchase into a User Group for things such as increased permissions or even just fancy CSS names.
  • Subscriptions.
    Allow a user to purchase something for a given amount of time
These are just a few off the top of my head.

Credit System:
  • Transfer or Import credits from Credits Premium
    Would really help those of us who already spent money on a previous credit system.
  • Ability to globally assign X amount of Credits.
    Everyone gets 30 Credits for some random reason? I can easily give that out without having to tweak each user individually
  • Ability to name the currency anything you want with a symbol or image.
    Credits, Points, Cash, Bucks, Coins, whatever
  • Ability to manually adjust or assign credits.
    A lot of people use credits very differently. I use them for a manual action people take that isn't related to the actual forum. Because of this, I have to assign credits on an individual basis. It would be helpful if I had a full list of all members with their current credits so I could adjust everyone on a single page rather than have to run back and fourth clicking through each user.
  • Ability to transfer or donate credits
    Give one person credits from your own credit pool and optionally have some sort of exchange rate for this. ie... 2:1 ratio or something.

• We do plan on having a system to convert over
  • We did not plan on doing this, but it can be done
  • This already exists, see here
  • Currently you can give credits through the AdminCP, but we will be adding a field to the user edit page that will allow you to set the amount they have
  • You can already transfer credits between users, or give them through the AdminCP

Credit Store:
  • Ability to create a new thread in a selected forum when someone purchases an item.
    Can choose who the account is that makes the post and where the forum is so it doesn't necessarily have to be a public forum. It could be accessible to admins only if I wanted it set up that way.
  • Free Form!
    Create ANY item you want by uploading an image and inputting a description.
  • Usergroup.
    Allows a user to purchase into a User Group for things such as increased permissions or even just fancy CSS names.
  • Subscriptions.
    Allow a user to purchase something for a given amount of time
These are just a few off the top of my head.
  • This probably will not be in the initial release as I do not see many people using such a thing (not sure what the purpose of it would be, and would just be a waste of resources to have a post for every time someone purchases something)
  • You can easily create new product types that do not require a PHP callback if you do not want them to do anything
  • This is already planned
  • This is already planned

Top Bottom