What do you think of XenForo?

Not sure what's changed, but things aren't as responsive as they were 2 days ago, and it seems there have been changes to the CSS causing scroll issues on my end.

(Linux/Opera 10.60)

Why not use a free forum software to get your membership and content up then buy an XF licence when they become available, as you will then have a vB4 or IPB licence (whichever you would go with) and it will be sitting there being a big hole in your wallet.

That sounds like a very good suggestion to me.

Why not use a free forum software to get your membership and content up then buy an XF licence when they become available, as you will then have a vB4 or IPB licence (whichever you would go with) and it will be sitting there being a big hole in your wallet.

I agree with Chris. Why shell out a huge amount for a license, then purchase a xF license? Use a free software, then purchase a xF license and import your forum.

Not sure what's changed, but things aren't as responsive as they were 2 days ago, and it seems there have been changes to the CSS causing scroll issues on my end.

(Linux/Opera 10.60)

You should be seeing a significant speed increase since then - perhaps some odd network issues?

my only trouble is: I do need a proper Forum-software NOW.
So should I go ahead and buy VB 4 now and later on import into XenForo ?

Unfortunately I can not wait a couple months anymore. I would actually like to use Xenforo NOW, even if there are still bugs in it.

I want to start a new Forum and have no experience with VB, but read many negative posts about it.

So what would you suggest me to do ?
Appreciate your kind advice.

Many thanks !

Why not give phpBB, MyBB or SMF a try and convert to XF later?

I wan't to change my vote, I am sorry but I have grown to hate xenForo... I hate it because I love it so much it is destroying my life... I haven't eaten of slept for weeks because I can't stop browsing page after page of this site falling more and more in love each time...

Ok that is all a lie... I don't hate xenForo... I do love it but I have had the sense to eat and sleep in 3 weeks.

Top Bottom