1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 Upload error

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by Jayt, Nov 10, 2014.

1. Jayt

Jayt Member

I have one user getting a generic upload error when trying to attach a picture. He is the only user I know with an issue. I contacted my host to have them check for errors and none were found. I had the user email me the file and I was able to upload it using his permissions. I had the user make sure adobe flash was updated and reset firefox with no luck. Is there anything else I can have him do?

2. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

If it's just one user then it's likely to be an issue with their browser or computer.

There's plenty of things that can be done to identify the issue, basic troubleshooting really:

• Ensure that the latest version of Firefox is installed
    • Disable browser add-ons, especially Adblockers
    • Try a different browser
    • Try a different computer
    • Disable the flash uploader in his/her preferences

3. Jayt

Jayt Member

Checked that FF was updated.
    And disabled the flash uploader.

Those didn't work. I will have him try another browser/computer and check for add-ons.

4. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

I'd also suggest that you get a screenshot from him showing the exact error that he is seeing. Also get him to email you the picture that he is trying to attach and test that you can attach it.

5. Jayt

Jayt Member

I did have him email me the picture and I was able to upload it with no issues using his permissions from my computer.

6. Jayt

Jayt Member

He said the error says unable to load when he tries.

7. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

Unable to load what?

As I said, a screenshot of the error message would be more useful.

8. Jayt

Jayt Member

I think that's all it said "Unable To Load". I'm still waiting for the screen shot. He is able to upload with Chrome though so that narrows it down to a FireFox issue.

9. Jayt

Jayt Member

Here is the error received. It doesn't give any specific reason. This came using FireFox but I guess Chrome now gives the same error. Again I had him email me the picture and I can upload it using his permissions. I checked with my web host and they see no server errors. Any thoughts?
    error.JPG

10. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

11. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Well that's a Flash uploader error. I assume the non-Flash upload failed as well since you mentioned it. But what happens with that? It wouldn't be that error since it uses a different method.

12. Jayt

Jayt Member

I turned off the flash uploader in his preferences and he gets the same thing

error.JPG

13. Mike

That error should still be Flash-specific. If he's not using the Flash uploader, he will know as it will show an additional overlay before the file picker opens.

14. Jayt

Jayt Member

It seems that I can't turn the flash uploader off. Even when I try disabling it in the admin panel. I can on this support forum but not on mine.

15. Jayt

Jayt Member

It's like the flash uploader gets stuck and won't turn off. If I go and disable flash as an add on I can turn it off but thats the only way.

16. Mike

I would look at disabling any add-ons you have and ensuring that you try on a 100% default style. This isn't something I've heard of happening before though.

17. Jayt

Jayt Member

Disabled all add-ons and still can't turn it off except by disabling flash under firefox options.

18. Mike

That's certainly a bit strange. Please submit a ticket with ACP access details and we'll have a look.

19. Jayt

Jayt Member

Ok. I have submitted a ticket. The one user is able to disable flash in firefox and upload with the non-flash uploader without any errors.

20. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

This was related to some template customisations to add Arrowchat.