XF 1.4 Upload error

Jayt

I have one user getting a generic upload error when trying to attach a picture. He is the only user I know with an issue. I contacted my host to have them check for errors and none were found. I had the user email me the file and I was able to upload it using his permissions. I had the user make sure adobe flash was updated and reset firefox with no luck. Is there anything else I can have him do?

If it's just one user then it's likely to be an issue with their browser or computer.

There's plenty of things that can be done to identify the issue, basic troubleshooting really:

• Ensure that the latest version of Firefox is installed
  • Disable browser add-ons, especially Adblockers
  • Try a different browser
  • Try a different computer
  • Disable the flash uploader in his/her preferences

I'd also suggest that you get a screenshot from him showing the exact error that he is seeing. Also get him to email you the picture that he is trying to attach and test that you can attach it.

I think that's all it said "Unable To Load". I'm still waiting for the screen shot. He is able to upload with Chrome though so that narrows it down to a FireFox issue.

Here is the error received. It doesn't give any specific reason. This came using FireFox but I guess Chrome now gives the same error. Again I had him email me the picture and I can upload it using his permissions. I checked with my web host and they see no server errors. Any thoughts?
error.webp

Well that's a Flash uploader error. I assume the non-Flash upload failed as well since you mentioned it. But what happens with that? It wouldn't be that error since it uses a different method.

That error should still be Flash-specific. If he's not using the Flash uploader, he will know as it will show an additional overlay before the file picker opens.

I would look at disabling any add-ons you have and ensuring that you try on a 100% default style. This isn't something I've heard of happening before though.

Top Bottom