XF 1.4 Upload error

Jayt

I have one user getting a generic upload error when trying to attach a picture. He is the only user I know with an issue. I contacted my host to have them check for errors and none were found. I had the user email me the file and I was able to upload it using his permissions. I had the user make sure adobe flash was updated and reset firefox with no luck. Is there anything else I can have him do?

@Jayt I'd be interested to know the outcome of any discussions with ArrowChat. Although I've not had any upload problems, I hadn't realised that the Flash uploader couldn't be disabled.

It seems to be caused by the edits at the bottom of the template. When I remove those but leave the sections at the top of the PAGE_CONTAINER the uploader can be disabled. But of course ArrowChat does not work.

How have you added your template edits @Martok?

I wonder if there is anything different in how it was implemented.
The Arrowchat code was added immediately after the <head> tag and also immediately before the </body> tag, as per the instructions on installing. This is detailed here:

http://www.arrowchat.com/documentation/?p=header-footer-code

In my case, I do have a xen:if statement accompanying each of these code additions as I restrict who can see/use Arrowchat to certain usergroups. I also have Viglink code after the second lot of code prior to the </body> tag so that I can monetise any links in Arrowchat. ;)

As I said, the only issue I've now discovered is not being able to disable the Flash uploader - I'm interested in why this is and how to fix it.

As I said, the only issue I've now discovered is not being able to disable the Flash uploader - I'm interested in why this is and how to fix it.
The account preference setting disables the Flash uploader by not including SWF upload.

If Arrowchat is adding it back to the template, that will be why.

The account preference setting disables the Flash uploader by not including SWF upload.

If Arrowchat is adding it back to the template, that will be why.
I hadn't realised that it was adding it back. I'll be interested to hear from them how it's adding it back (via the .js files it calls or external css file or some other way) and how they propose to fix it.

Not a big issue on my site, I've never had anyone complain about it.

I've read through this issue and tried to understand it as best as I can, but forgive me if I'm not understanding something correctly as I haven't ever used XenForo.

ArrowChat requires the SWFObject plugin. Although we are looking to move away from it, there is no getting around that, and it needs to be called at some point before ArrowChat loads. Since we cannot simply remove that, it sounds like some code would need to be changed in XenForo to disable the flash uploader differently and not simply remove the SWFObject plugin.

From what I have gathered, I don't see a way for us to change anything in our files to make this work, and the change would need to come in XenForo files.

I got the same response on my support ticket:

Unfortunately, ArrowChat requires the SWF upload plugin at this time, though we are looking to remove it in the future. Because of this, I'm not sure if there is anything we can do on our end. It sounds to me like you would need to change some XenForo code to remove the flash uploader even when SWF upload is still there.

Top Bottom