XF 1.5 Help tracking down image upload error

kontrabass

When a user tries to upload a photo taken by a Google Pixel phone, it throws the error "There was a problem uploading your file". I'm watching the nginx error log, php-fpm error log, and xenforo error log and nothing shows up to give me more information.

It's not a size issue. I can take the exact same photo that fails, open it in Photoshop and save it as a super high quality jpg with a larger filesize, and it uploads fine.

Does anyone know where I might be able to find a log entry to shed more light on this? I'm still running XF 1.5 so I'm guessing it's a "new tech - old tech" incompatability.

Screenshot 2023-11-17 at 2.40.44 PM.webp

And a big "nevermind" on this one! It's cloudflare. Of course after weeks of searching, 3 minutes after I post this thread I find the answer in Vegas: https://www.vegasmessageboard.com/f...ading-photos-with-google-pixel-phones.203851/

Cloudflare managed ruleset has some rule blocking google pixel photos.

For future googler's, the cloudflare managed rule ID that causes this upload error is 0f2da91cec674eb58006929e824b817c (PHP, vBulletin, jQuery File Upload - Code Injection, Dangerous File Upload - CVE:CVE-2018-9206, CVE:CVE-2019-17132)

Last edited:
Top Bottom