UI.X

UI.X 1.5.22.0

No permission to download
I've had to turn off the new gototop/bottm buttons. Too many complaints about how it obstructs reading, especially on mobile, since its so wide and doesn't fade out. I'll have to go back to Cedric's addon for now. Looking forward to improvements in the future.

I'm assuming repackaged with no versioning update then... makes it hard to figure out if you need to download it again or not.. but I'll download all of mine once more.

Just the .xml.

It was beta code so we don't update versions for that if its packaging. If it is a bug we update version
Just? Oh gosh, I just spend the entire day reinstalling the website and applying that .xml not going to go thought that again and I don't either want to have a loads of .xml files in my style properties.

Updating the .xml should be a 2 minute thing.
Just? Oh gosh, I just spend the entire day reinstalling the website and applying that .xml not going to go thought that again and I don't either want to have a loads of .xml files in my style properties.

Updating a theme, should be very quick:

1. Upload files (unless you dont have to)
2. Overwrite xml on PARENT theme (UIX, or one of our other themes if you are upgrading that)
3. Find outdated templates, if any, and merge them
4. If some don't merge you have to do it manually
5. visually go through the forum and test a couple things, just look at your theme objectively and try and see if there is anything funny
6. If there is its likely an outdated style property, go revert it on your child theme and redo the changes

Something I've noticed for quite a while, but never thought about mentioning it. Whenever I get an alert, I don't get any kind of balloon notification or however the notifications display on UI.X. I installed a plugin called Tab Alerts, so I get the (1) in my tab, but when I tab over to it - there's no actual notification by the mailbox or flag. It does show up once I refresh though. I mentioned this to the author of the plugin and he reckons it's a theme issue. Any idea?

Example;
Screenshot_16-00-37.png

Last edited:
Updating the .xml should be a 2 minute thing.

Updating a theme, should be very quick:

1. Upload files (unless you dont have to)
2. Overwrite xml on PARENT theme (UIX, or one of our other themes if you are upgrading that)
3. Find outdated templates, if any, and merge them
4. If some don't merge you have to do it manually
5. visually go through the forum and test a couple things, just look at your theme objectively and try and see if there is anything funny
6. If there is its likely an outdated style property, go revert it on your child theme and redo the changes
Yes, but I don't want to end up with loads of .xml files there..

Yes, but I don't want to end up with loads of .xml files there..

You shouldn't. Your theme setup should look like this except you name your parent style however you want.

Screenshot_16-01-54.png

Then when you update, you'll overwrite the parent style - in my case, UI.X Framework (Don't Edit). You should only be making changes to the child style - in my case, [BB] UI.X.

You shouldn't. Your theme setup should look like this except you name your parent style however you want.

Screenshot_16-01-54.png

Then when you update, you'll overwrite the parent style - in my case, UI.X Framework (Don't Edit). You should only be making changes to the child style - in my case, [BB] UI.X.
Alright thanks,
I just re-downloaded the 1.4.10 version from UI.X website and overwrote xml on my parent style (the one which I don't edit) and nothing did really change on the website, the Max Page Width makes the whole website go to left side of the screen (like here: https://xenforo.com/community/attachments/screenshot_2-png.85989/) and the XenPorta is also messed up, what have I done wrong?

Alright thanks,
I just re-downloaded the 1.4.10 version from UI.X website and overwrote xml on my parent style (the one which I don't edit) and nothing did really change on the website, the Max Page Width makes the whole website go to left side of the screen (like here: https://xenforo.com/community/attachments/screenshot_2-png.85989/) and the XenPorta is also messed up, what have I done wrong?

The "whole website goes to the left side of the screen" issue was mentioned here.

Mike's response was;
OK the width issue is a bug Ill patch that shortly. It only affects fluid themes.

Link: https://xenforo.com/community/threads/ui-x-paid.57944/page-133#post-839225

1 thing we are changing. The search will be inline-block. But you'll have the option to keep it full size input as opposed to forcing it to be an icon on mobile. This might cause issues upgrading for those who have heavily modified search. Im just giving everyone fair warning. We will make it as easy as we can.

ALWAYS REMEMBER: YOU DO NOT HAVE TO UPGRADE ON EVERY VERSION. Other theme designers make 1 or 2 bug fixes each release. WE ADD FEATURES. That might break things if they conflict with changes you've done. You must understand this if you are going to upgrade.

Hey, I tried to import the UI.X theme but I've having trouble doing so. For some reason, the import hangs at 76% and the pages just stops with this
LPEnXHK.png

I've tried re-downloading the theme several times. I can't figure out what the problem is. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Hey, I tried to import the UI.X theme but I've having trouble doing so. For some reason, the import hangs at 76% and the pages just stops with this
LPEnXHK.png

I've tried re-downloading the theme several times. I can't figure out what the problem is. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
That definitely seems server related.

Top Bottom