UI.X

UI.X 1.5.22.0

No permission to download
No this update is meant for XenForo 1.5.3.
Great, then I can upgrade both.
I know the last UI.X update brought a lot of criticism to the UI.X team and that's why I just wanted to say that there are people like me who appreciate the work you put into this and who believe in your capabilities. Keep it up!

Great, then I can upgrade both.
I know the last UI.X update brought a lot of criticism to the UI.X team and that's why I just wanted to say that there are people like me who appreciate the work you put into this and who believe in your capabilities. Keep it up!
I appreciate that. We fight no release vs a release with bugs. Sometimes things just get done when they get done. But Im fairly confident in this release. All bugs reported were minor but annoying, and we smashed them all.

Okay, first thing I found:
I use user rank ribbons (https://xenforo.com/community/resources/rt-user-rank-ribbons.832/) to display images in the postbit.
With the new update, they don't show there anymore. You can still see them if you click on a member in a post:
d1009fda3b5b.jpg

The badges there (donator, hack user, registered)

But they are gone in the postbit:
a260ecb241fc.jpg

You really need to start putting those type of details in your release notes!
The version supported is determined and expressed by the version of the release. For example this release was 1.5.3.0 and thus supports 1.5.3 XenForo. And it's in the title of the release.

Okay, found the issue.
You changed something in message_user_info.

Before you had:
Code:
<xen:if hascontent="true">
        <div class="extraUserInfo">

now you have:
Code:
        <div class="extraUserInfo {$extraCollapseStateClass}">

RT User Rank Ribbons is doing template replacements and looks for this:

Code:

to replace with this:
Code:
<xen:if is="@UserRankRibbonsActive"><xen:include template="UserRankRibbons" /></xen:if>

Quick fix would be to do the template modification yourself.

Go to templates -> message_user_info and add:
Code:
<xen:if is="@UserRankRibbonsActive"><xen:include template="UserRankRibbons" /></xen:if>
before:
Code:
        <div class="extraUserInfo {$extraCollapseStateClass}">

RT User Rank ribbons would either need a fix specifically for UI.X users or UI.X would need to add a template modification for User Rank Ribbons.

Hey @Mike Creuzer and team, nice update. One problem and one question though...
Sliding extra postbit + is wrongly placed now.
How can I remove the arrow highlighted in blue?

1.png

Thanks.

For anyone who uses RT User Rank Ribbons with UI.X, this the modified addon that works with UI.X since it does the correct template replacement: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7IIVLMeapx0VnpHUkEtOC1tdlE/view?usp=sharing

It just looks for:
Code:
xen:if hascontent="true">
        <div class="extraUserInfo

and replaces it with:
Code:
        <div class="extraUserInfo

By doing this replacement instead of the original one the addon works for both UI.X and any other theme.

Hey @Mike Creuzer and team, nice update. One problem and one question though...
Sliding extra postbit + is wrongly placed now.
How can I remove the arrow highlighted in blue?

1.png

Thanks.
I've also got this, looks crap in the new place (if that's where it's supposed to be!)

upload_2015-12-2_6-29-26.webp

Much better where it was before
upload_2015-12-2_6-29-51.webp

Also NEW indicators in messages don't match the font styling of the NEW indicator next to forums on the main page. Can this be done for consistency?

Plus the new indicator in messages looks a bit wonky o.O

All bugs reported were minor but annoying, and we smashed them all.
Nope --- or it carried over and wasn't updated from my old style setup. :p
In uix_sprite.css
Code:
.rating .star {background-position: -96px -32px !important;}
shows the little black bar on the top of the RM rating stars
Screen Shot 2015-12-02 at 6.10.10 AM.webp

Code:
.rating .star {background-position: -96px -34px !important;}
fixes it (for me). ;)
Screen Shot 2015-12-02 at 6.09.46 AM.webp

Hello @Mike Creuzer

Today, I upgraded my UI.X Add-on. I want to upgrade my UI.X style too. But there is no "Upgrade" button in UI.X Add-on. There is only "Install". But if I click it, it'll install a fresh one UI.X. Am I wrong? How can I upgrade my UI.X style to 1.5.3.0?

Btw, how can I upgrade to latest version without lose of changes in theme settings?

Last edited:
Top Bottom