UI.X

UI.X 1.5.22.0

No permission to download
@Mike Creuzer How would I go about fixing this issue with blockquote's left border?

W603j6K.png

Same problem.
I've been working on fixing it on my dev server. Seems like copying the 1.1.1 add-on files over again is enough to fix it, but I've been doing other stuff so I'm not 100% sure if that's what fixed it.

Edit: tried it in production and that did the trick. Not sure why, though!

Last edited:
If I go to the UI.X Styles page in ACP, I get an error message ("An unknown error has occurred.") rather than the styles list. Known problem talking to the TH server? I'm on 1.1.1c, XF at 1.5.12.
I've been working on fixing it on my dev server. Seems like copying the 1.1.1 add-on files over again is enough to fix it, but I've been doing other stuff so I'm not 100% sure if that's what fixed it.

Edit: tried it in production and that did the trick. Not sure why, though!
Same problem here with xf 1.5.12 and uix 1.5.11.0 in my dev board. I wait for official fix.

Last edited:
page_container_js_head:
Code:
<!--[if lt IE 9]>
        <!-- HTML5 Shim -->
        <script src="{xen:if '@uix_ie8Support_local', '{$javaScriptSource}/audentio/uix/html5shiv.min.js', '//cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/html5shiv/3.7.2/html5shiv.min.js'}"></script>
        <!-- Media queries for IE8 -->
        <script src="{xen:if '@uix_ie8Support_local', '{$javaScriptSource}/audentio/uix/respond.min.js', '//cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/respond.js/1.4.2/respond.js'}"></script>
        <!-- CSS3 selectors for IE8 -->
        <script src="{xen:if '@uix_ie8Support_local', '{$javaScriptSource}/audentio/uix/selectivizr-min.js', '//cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/selectivizr/1.0.2/selectivizr-min.js'}"></script>
<![endif]-->

The first line opens an IE conditional HTML comment with <!--[if lt IE9>, which works because just ">" alone does not close the comment, meaning all browsers just ignore everything until the <![endif--> (as it is "-->" that closes HTML comments), except for IE which looks for these conditionals in the HTML comments.

The problem is, the second line contains an HTML comment, and the end of that comment ("-->") will terminate the unterminated comment above it (the conditional).

The net effect is the IE conditional doesn't contain the scripts inside of it, meaning all browsers parse the three <script> tags.

You cannot have HTML comments inside IE conditionals or they will not work properly.
Thanks for mentioning this. I've fixed it for the next release.
Has this been fixed? Because in my xf 1.5.12 and uix 1.5.11 (I haven't modified) these 3 scripts got still loaded in chrome, but they shouldn't.

Allow all isn't really the correct way to use XenForo permissions, they should be cumulative with the base permissions set for the Registered group and other user groups only having additional Allowed permissions. There generally shouldn't be a reason to have all allowed permissions set in a single group.

https://xenforo.com/community/resources/implementing-permissions-across-multiple-user-groups.358/

I do agree that the welcome block permissions would be better as a bypass option as you'd only want to show it to guests and new members.

Thanks for this. Just to clarify, I changed the permission to "allow" for the group (guests) to show the welcome block. Is this what you mean? Thank you.

Thanks for this. Just to clarify, I changed the permission to "allow" for the group (guests) to show the welcome block. Is this what you mean? Thank you.
I was talking about XenForo permissions in general and how they work cumulatively. However if you are just looking at making the welcome block visible to guests then you are correct.

Hello @ioneti, if you're talking about Members Online Now. You are able to remove that easily by using [bd] Widget Framework, as it allows you to enable/disable different widgets on your forum. These include such widgets as Members Online Now, Staff Online Now, and many others.

Hello @ioneti, if you're talking about Members Online Now. You are able to remove that easily by using [bd] Widget Framework, as it allows you to enable/disable different widgets on your forum. These include such widgets as Members Online Now, Staff Online Now, and many others.

i forgot where is!!

Top Bottom