Trophy Essentials

Trophy Essentials [Paid] 1.0.5

No permission to buy (£30.00)

Stuart Wright

Stuart Wright submitted a new resource:

Trophy Essentials - Hugely improve trophies by awarding them for ongoing user activity

Xenforo’s trophies are based on the idea of milestones. For example, when you hit the milestone of posting your first 30 messages, you get awarded 5 trophy points.
Though admin can create more milestones, there are always a limited number and if trophy points motivate members, then once you have reached the top milestone, you will no longer be motivated by trophy points. Cumulative trophies remove the limit to trophies. Trophies unlimited!

The importance of trophy points
As a side...

Read more about this resource...

Bought and installed this yesterday. On installation, it completely crashed my site.

Seems to be incompatible with the Game Thread Starter addon by @Ozzy47
  • ErrorException: Fatal Error: Access level to Snog\Games\XF\Entity\Thread::threadHidden() must be public (as in class M2N\TrophyEssentials\XF\Entity\Thread)
  • src/addons/Snog/Games/XF/Entity/Thread.php:25
  • Generated by: Unknown account
  • 7 Mar 2023 at 18:41

Stack trace​

#0 [internal function]: XF::handleFatalError()
#1 {main}

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-03-08 154718.webp
    Screenshot 2023-03-08 154718.webp
    143.1 KB · Views: 13
  • Screenshot 2023-03-08 154819.webp
    Screenshot 2023-03-08 154819.webp
    31.7 KB · Views: 13
Stuart Wright updated Trophy Essentials with a new update entry:

Bug fixes

Fixed an incompatibility with the (deleted) Game Thread Starter addon
Fixed an issue with the progress bars not appearing in older versions of Xenforo 2.2

Read the rest of this update entry...

Trophy Essentials is running perfectly on my three forums because they are all running the latest version of Xenforo and not running the Game Thread Starter addon, so I didn't experience the issues fixed in this release.

Last edited:
This addon is what the default XF trophy system should have been like. It has already brought some positive impact on my forum.

Just a few suggestions for future.
  1. Cumulative Trophy points are not shown in the About tab on a user profile.
  2. Option to select nodes where the trophy progress are counted.
  3. Option to enable or disable a trophy for specific user groups.

This addon is what the default XF trophy system should have been like. It has already brought some positive impact on my forum.

Glad you like the addon and thanks for the suggestions.
Looks like we need to tabify the bottom of the About page of a user's profile. I'll definitely put that on the To Do list.
There isn't an option in the core Xenforo to specify where milestone trophies are counted either, so this would be new functionality. I can see how there would be certain forums where trophies might not want to be counted.
Usergroup-specific trophies, yes, again, I can see how that would be useful.

Stuart Wright updated Trophy Essentials with a new update entry:

Tweak to the way trophies are counted

We decided not to count trophy points for posts which do not count towards the post count.
If certain forums are set to not have the posts count towards users' post counts, then it makes sense not to award trophy points for them, either. This then maintains consistency between the post count and trophy points count.

Also Cumulative trophies were added to the About tab.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Last edited:

Cumulative trophies were added to the About tab in 1.0.2.

Feature request:
Monthly Top Users with the Highest Cumulative Points (count only the points they received for the last month)

Similar to this add-on, but for total cumulative points:

Last edited:
Feature request:
Monthly Top Users with the Highest Cumulative Points (count only the points they received for the last month)

Similar to this add-on bot for total cumulative points:
I like that request. Would probably cost £100-200, maybe. When I've sold enough copies of Trophy Essentials, I will think about it.

• Love
Reactions: rdn
I'm willing to contribute to this feature.
Thank you.
I tend to not want to distinguish between Cumulative and Milestone trophies when it comes to calculating the points, because all trophy points are (presumably) good for the forum, and therefore we should count both types.
The potential problem comes with milestone trophies for adding an avatar (and other milestone trophies), where someone can remove and re-add their avatar in a particular month to have it included. So we would need to consider that. So ultimately it might just be cumulative trophies, though it gets complicated when people run both cumulative trophies and milestone trophies for posting and reactions (which, to me, makes no sense, because cumulative trophies for posting and reactions do make the same milestone trophies redundant).

Feature request:

Similar to this add-on bot for total cumulative points:
I just came here to request the same!

• Love
Feature request; very useful for user-group promotions.

The user has received at least X trophy points: _ in previous: _ days

1678684406839.webp

Is this expected?

After the add-on rebuilt the stats, the default Xenforo Most Points are off, not sorted correctly, and not the same value as the Most Trophy Points this add-on provides.

I'm aware of this note:
The member statistics page will need a tweak to disable the Most points list since the new Most trophy points list will be enabled by default…

Top Bottom