Resource icon

Trending Content Tags 1.1.8

No permission to download
This is a wonderful piece of widget. I'd like to put it on my start page (which is not the same page as my forum list). Normally I can put widgets on my start page using widget framework. (My site's start page is a widget page used as index page). It would also be nice to be able to use it outside the sidebar.

Hi @Xon
Thanks for making this

Can I ask you where could I format the Text colour from the words inside the Cloud widget showing in my sidebar forumlist?

I placed this in my EXTRA.css. Change the colors as you'd like :)
Code:
.tagCloud .tagCloudTag2
{
    color: orange;
    font-weight: bold;
}

.tagCloud .tagCloudTag3
{
    color: green;
}

.tagCloud .tagCloudTag4
{
    color: blue;
}

.tagCloud .tagCloudTag5
{
    color: blue;
}

.tagCloud .tagCloudTag6
{
    color: red;
}

.tagCloud .tagCloudTag7
{
    color: red;
}

edit: and a nice addition suggested by @jOOc after he saw my screenshot and visited my forum.
Code:
.tagCloud{
text-align: justify;
}

.tagCloud li {
vertical-align: middle;
}
Old:
upload_2016-2-26_13-8-30.webp

New:
upload_2016-2-26_17-46-25.webp

Last edited:
Is the word "the" necessary to use in a tag?

For example: cats, the cats

Is the word "the" really needed. I'm curious. This it seems to me causes repetition. But, I could be wrong about the proper usage.

@Bob_R This add-on doesn't do any tag curation.

I'ld recommend dropping the 'the' form tags, as it is just a filler word which rarely makes a difference in the meaning but increases the size of the tag.

@Bob_R This add-on doesn't do any tag curation.

I'ld recommend dropping the 'the' form tags, as it is just a filler word which rarely makes a difference in the meaning but increases the size of the tag.

So as per my example above. Searching for the tag "cats" would also capture tags "the cats" and vice versa?

Xon updated Trending Content Tags with a new update entry:

Performance Update

If using Zend Redis Cache, version 1.1.14 is required.
  • Automatically use Redis to cache per-page requests until they are need to be compiled to show trending content tags.
    • Replaces potentially expensive insert-select-update query with a few simple Redis inserts, tag usage counters are then destaged later and not on each page hit.
    • Once the sample collection window is closed, or the...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Top Bottom