A trending sidebar widget using XenForo 1.5's content tagging system.
- Compatible XF Versions:
- Additional Requirements:
- If using Zend Redis Cache, requires +1.1.14
- MIT Licence
- Visible Branding:
Planned future improvements
- Implements caching of the trending stats.
- Multiple sources of 'activity'.
- Warning: Tracking guest views can significantly increase the writes required for this feature
- Threshold of activity before displaying.
- Relatively lightweight.
- Per source of activity weighting.
- Automatically use Zend Redis Cache to cache writes until they are de-staged to the database.
Options under Content Tagging:
- Provide graphs of activity over time per tag.
- Fix unliking a post as counting for tag activity.
I recommend using Add-on install & upgrade to install this add-on.
Contributing features or bug fixes
Please create a Github Pull request via the "Find more info at github.com..." link.
If you appreciate this add-on, please consider a contribution via PayPal. Details will be provide via private conversation.
Please contact me if you wish for different licencing arrangements.
- Related Resources:
- Zend Redis Cache
Trending Content Tags 1.1.6
A trending sidebar widget using XenForo 1.5's content tagging system