Resource icon

Trending Content Tags 1.1.8

No permission to download
One does not HAVE to have Widget Framework for this one add on, correct?

I just installed it and I do not see it in the sidebar.

One does not HAVE to have Widget Framework for this one add on, correct?

I just installed it and I do not see it in the sidebar.
The following config can be used with Widget framework (may require the dev version):

It does work with Widget Framework as far as I can tell.

Setup
upload_2015-8-30_21-13-10-png.115622

The following config can be used with Widget framework (may require the dev version):

No, you do not understand. Can it work without Widget Framework is what I was asking.

Forget it. It finally reared it's head.

Last edited:
No, you do not understand. Can it work without Widget Framework is what I was asking.

Forget it. It finally reared it's head.
Oh apologies.

It only shows up if there are tags to display. I should document that.

What exactly do these mean?

View attachment 120060
The trending tag cloud uses sampling and summarization to improve performance when computing the trending tag cloud.

All activity in the sample interval, is compiled into a single row per tag. The trending window is then the number of minutes into the past to consider if a sample should be included into the trending tag cloud statistics.

An example of how the sampling interval works:

So if you have 5 replies in the first 5 minutes of the hour, and then 10 replies in the second half of the hour, and then 5 replies in the last 5 minutes of the how; those usages are stored as:
  • 5 usages in the first half an hour.
  • 15 usages in the 2nd half an hour.

The trending tag cloud uses sampling and summarization to improve performance when computing the trending tag cloud.

All activity in the sample interval, is compiled into a single row per tag. The trending window is then the number of minutes into the past to consider if a sample should be included into the trending tag cloud statistics.

An example of how the sampling interval works:

So if you have 5 replies in the first 5 minutes of the hour, and then 10 replies in the second half of the hour, and then 5 replies in the last 5 minutes of the how; those usages are stored as:
  • 5 usages in the first half an hour.
  • 15 usages in the 2nd half an hour.

So, is it correct to say this?

Trending Window - Every 6 hours it is decided which tags are being used

Sample interval - Every 30 minutes it is decided which tags are shown

So, is it correct to say this?

Trending Window - Every 6 hours it is decided which tags are being used

Sample interval - Every 30 minutes it is decided which tags are shown
The last 6 hours of samples are used to determine what tags to be shown. It is a rolling window.

The sample interval is the minimum resolution for statistics keeping. This isn't a rolling window.

Can you explain this to me? Thanks.

View attachment 120820
It increments the activity record by the value for the given action.

Any concerns I should have using it on my production site?
I updated the overview, just not the first post of this thread say it was in beta and not feature complete.

Otherwise I'm running on Space Battles and Sufficient Velocity without an issue.

Top Bottom