Social Groups (XenForo 2.x.x)

Social Groups (XenForo 2.x.x) [Paid] 3.6.1

No permission to buy ($50.00)
I will looking into it this week.

@truonglv - Any updates on this issue? We've been waiting for help since my initial post on August 4th and really need it fixed. Invited members are unable to join private groups and this is really having an impact on my community. Please help.

For convenience, posts referencing the issue are listed below.

@truonglv - I'm having a strange issue with Social Groups. When the admin or a group owner views any of our social groups and tries to moderate members, some of the options are missing. Here, we'd like to add members who have accepted an invitation to the group, but they're never automatically added when they accept the invitation and are always in the "Invited" status.

This is for every social group. Do you know what could be causing it?

View attachment 271707

Can you please tell me what permissions to set differently for this to work? From what I can tell, I have all permissions enabled. I'm also an admin within the group itself. Screencap of my permissions below.

UPDATE: It seems like this is only happening on groups set to "secret." When a member is invited and clicks the link to accept, they are presented with this error:

On the group admin side, the user still remains as "invited" and are not moved to group member. The group admin is also not able to approve them manually as the options are blanked out as shown in my screenshot above.

View attachment 271898

Also, I've sent you a couple messages on your site about rebranding and needing to change the registered URL for our installation. Can you please respond or send me the process for this?

@truonglv - Any updates on this issue? We've been waiting for help since my initial post on August 4th and really need it fixed. Invited members are unable to join private groups and this is really having an impact on my community. Please help.

For convenience, posts referencing the issue are listed below.
Hello, What is error when invited users try to accept invitation? I tested and it has no issues.

Hello, What is error when invited users try to accept invitation? I tested and it has no issues.

There is no error in the admincp error log. However, the error shown to the user trying to accept the invitation is:

Oops! We ran into some problems.​

Requested group could not be found.

The invited user never moves out of the "invited" status even after the invited member to accept the invitation. They always receive the error above. Their status looks like this in the group's member list:

1661446637309.webp

Do you know what could be causing this and how to fix it?

In the meantime, is there a way we can mark the invited members as "Member" in the database, if it won't work from the front end? What would we need to change in the database?

There is no error in the admincp error log. However, the error shown to the user trying to accept the invitation is:

The invited user never moves out of the "invited" status even after the invited member to accept the invitation. They always receive the error above. Their status looks like this in the group's member list:

View attachment 272529

Do you know what could be causing this and how to fix it?

In the meantime, is there a way we can mark the invited members as "Member" in the database, if it won't work from the front end? What would we need to change in the database?
Please send me an account testing on your site into PM here.

Hello, I have three small request:

1) new notification for members for created new thread in group (with name of thread and name of group) - default is only name of thread, ut name of group missing
2) widget invite join - it would be possible to turn off focus? when a member joins a group, he has an active cursor (macOs) in the invite widget...
3) News feed - Would it be possible to lock the post? (author, moderator) - e.g. for quick administrator notifications on the wall without the possibility of reaction.

Thank you for possible consideration and perhaps future implementation. :)

Are social group sub forums shown in the admin co node list?

I’m concerned about the acp node list getting out of control and making it silly long for admins in the backend.

I just wanted to warn everyone that once the licence expires, you will not be able to download the versions that were released while the licence was valid. You can only download versions that were released before you bought the licence, not before it expired. And it looks like this is a deliberate effort by the author (I reported the problem on PM).

And it looks like this is a deliberate effort by the author (I reported the problem on PM).
Before fanning flames... I'd be sure it's not a coding error.
From what it sounds like you are saying it sounds more like a bug in the routine to check what version you can download up to.
But even if it's not, it's not that abnormal... in fact, I know of one major forum script that won't allow you to download ANY older versions of it..
You can only download the current version, and if your license isn't active (not just VALID but currently paid up) you are SOL if you lose the archive for your paid for version.
And no, I don't use nor own any add-ons by this developer, so I don't really have a dog in the hunt other than hoping XF will integrate Social Groups into the core.

I just wanted to warn everyone that once the licence expires, you will not be able to download the versions that were released while the licence was valid. You can only download versions that were released before you bought the licence, not before it expired. And it looks like this is a deliberate effort by the author (I reported the problem on PM).
It's a bug and will be address soon. I don't know why you are posting like that.

Before fanning flames... I'd be sure it's not a coding error.
I should have been more precise. I reported the problem on PM and wrote after getting the answer.

It's a bug and will be address soon. I don't know why you are posting like that.
Forgive me if I've misinterpreted this, but after you wrote back to my report, you sounded like it was fully intentional and asked what I would have expected differently. That's why I preferred to warn others to download the latest versions before their licence expires (as I'm sure many people do, as I did, and wait after updates for potential fixes). My mistake of course, so apologies.

Last edited:
How much would renewals cost each year? I'm a bit confused with the pricing?
yeah, I have the same concern. There is NO listing of what the yearly renewal is... so one would have to assume that it is a new purchase each year? Rather expensive if that is so.

It's $30 if you want to download new updates after your license expired.
You may want to denote that.. because I could find it nowhere... and the 12 months/license only indicates that the roughly $54USD is for that one year... no notice of what it costs to extend it.
You know, unlike these that are clearly defined, yours is not.

Screen Shot 2022-09-24 at 8.28.07 AM.png
Screen Shot 2022-09-24 at 8.27.44 AM.png

Top Bottom