Social Groups (XenForo 2.x.x)

Social Groups (XenForo 2.x.x) [Paid] 3.6.1

No permission to buy ($50.00)
@truonglv such a great addon, I love it!

So I'm running XF2.1 and have been for a while.

One thing I just noticed today, I am not receiving any notifications for when users request to join groups anymore. At one point I was, now I'm not.

I'm not sure when this happened, and am running the latest version of your software/and XenForo.

Any ideas on this or anyone else notice this happening to them?
Do you turn on receive notifications from group?

Hello,

Is there any way to fix the Discussions page not being responsive?

Edit: Occurs when you add forum to discussions without parent. Fixed by adding this to extra.less:
CSS:
.p-body-main--withSidebar.p-body-main--withSideNav .p-body-content {
    max-width: 100%;
    padding-left: 10px;
}

Now my next problem is the post thread button isn't showing up on one of my styles.

Last edited:
Almost 2 months now. Any news on this, @truonglv ?
Over 3 months now, @truonglv. I am aware that busy times can lead to a delay of datelines and I´ve found myself in those situations the last months, too - but I am depending on this group map feature to be able to start the new website since it´s a key element. I can see you´re working on half a dozen other and new addons, but why don´t you finish your to-do list first to provide your existing customers with the features you announced and they are waiting for? Please communicate, when this feature will be available. And make it a hardened one, we can rely on.

I’m trying to decide between this and Social Groups by Snog. A key feature would be for existing Moderators to automatically be able to see and moderate all new social groups. I don’t believe Snog’s allows this to happen – I think the Group Owner assigns Moderators when he/she creates the group – and I’m wondering whether that’s also the case with Truonglv’s version?

Thanks for any help.

Over 3 months now, @truonglv. I am aware that busy times can lead to a delay of datelines and I´ve found myself in those situations the last months, too - but I am depending on this group map feature to be able to start the new website since it´s a key element. I can see you´re working on half a dozen other and new addons, but why don´t you finish your to-do list first to provide your existing customers with the features you announced and they are waiting for? Please communicate, when this feature will be available. And make it a hardened one, we can rely on.

@truonglv ,

now it´s 4 months without any answer to the map feature, you had announced for "in about two weeks" in april. This kind of customer communication and empty promises while refusing to answer to customers - sorry - slowly pisses me off and remembers me to the early good old days, when you disappeared for months without any notice and left all the customers out in the rain. Thought and had hoped you are becoming more reliable. Really disappointing.

@truonglv so I am having a very interesting error when creating a navigation tab which utilizes the node option on the configuration page of that tab...

For example, here's the tab I created:

Imagde33.webp

When this tab is in the enabled state, the main forum page works, the tab works, category pages work, but almost every other function on the forum throws this error:

Code:
An exception occurred: [Error] Call to undefined method XF\Entity\Node::setTlgGroupEntity() in src/addons/Truonglv/Groups/Repository/Group.php on line 115

Truonglv\Groups\Repository\Group->loadGroupsForNodes() in src/addons/Truonglv/Groups/XF/Repository/Node.php at line 22
Truonglv\Groups\XF\Repository\Node->loadNodeTypeDataForNodes() in src/XF/Navigation/NodeType.php at line 227
XF\Navigation\NodeType::loadPendingNodeData() in src/XF/Navigation/NodeType.php at line 115
XF\Navigation\NodeType::displayNodeExtended() in internal_data/code_cache/navigation_cache.php at line 107
XF\Pub\App->{closure}() in src/XF/Template/Templater.php at line 6646
XF\Template\Templater->renderNavigationClosure() in src/XF/Pub/App.php at line 560
XF\Pub\App->getNavigation() in src/XF/Pub/App.php at line 513
XF\Pub\App->renderPageHtml() in src/XF/App.php at line 1989
XF\App->renderPage() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 362
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->render() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 53
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 2178
XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 390
XF::runApp() in index.php at line 20

Playing with any of the options on this navigation tab does not change anything - the errors are still thrown.

Here's the full error log:

Code:
Server error log
Error: Call to undefined method XF\Entity\Node::setTlgGroupEntity() src/addons/Truonglv/Groups/Repository/Group.php:115
Generated by: Unknown account Aug 7, 2019 at 12:02 PM
Stack trace
#0 src/addons/Truonglv/Groups/XF/Repository/Node.php(22): Truonglv\Groups\Repository\Group->loadGroupsForNodes(Array)
#1 src/XF/Navigation/NodeType.php(227): Truonglv\Groups\XF\Repository\Node->loadNodeTypeDataForNodes(Array)
#2 src/XF/Navigation/NodeType.php(115): XF\Navigation\NodeType::loadPendingNodeData(true)
#3 internal_data/code_cache/navigation_cache.php(107): XF\Navigation\NodeType::displayNodeExtended(4, 'testnav')
#4 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(6646): XF\Pub\App->{closure}(Object(AddonFlare\PaidRegistrations\XF\Template\Templater), 'forums', Array)
#5 src/XF/Pub/App.php(560): XF\Template\Templater->renderNavigationClosure(Object(Closure), 'forums', Array)
#6 src/XF/Pub/App.php(513): XF\Pub\App->getNavigation(Array, 'forums')
#7 src/XF/App.php(1989): XF\Pub\App->renderPageHtml('

...', Array, Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html))
#8 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(362): XF\App->renderPage('

...', Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html))
#9 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(53): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->render(Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), 'html')
#10 src/XF/App.php(2178): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#11 src/XF.php(390): XF\App->run()
#12 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#13 {main}
Request state
array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(25) "/index.php?threads/70846/"
  ["referrer"] => bool(false)
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["threads/70846/"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

Any idea what might be causing this? It is most likely PHP related and I could probably play around with the php file in question but I figured I'd ask here first.

Also, I wanted to find out something regarding the "Newsfeed" option in social groups. We have notifications enabled however when clicking this item inside a social group, it does not actually do anything. It just brings us to our default discussion forum inside the social group. Is there something I am missing regarding this function?

Lastly, when looking at the "About" page, Administrators and Members are displayed - is there any way that Moderators of the social group (i.e. relating to our "Social Group Moderators" social group role) could be displayed as a separate entity in this list as well?

Thanks a bunch!

When someone creates a group, can that admin create categories and/or forums within that group? Kinda like a sub forum within a group? If not, is this possible, or will it be a future in the, future? Thanks

EDIT: I guess im blind. "Ability to create unlimited categories and nested categories for groups" Sorry. i just jumped to the demo site and couldn't see any categories or forums within the groups. Or am i confusing myselfe? The creation of forums and categories are within groups, right?

When someone creates a group, can that admin create categories and/or forums within that group? Kinda like a sub forum within a group? If not, is this possible, or will it be a future in the, future? Thanks

EDIT: I guess im blind. "Ability to create unlimited categories and nested categories for groups" Sorry. i just jumped to the demo site and couldn't see any categories or forums within the groups. Or am i confusing myselfe? The creation of forums and categories are within groups, right?
I have not used forums feature inside group in my site.
can that admin create categories and/or forums within that group?
Yes.

What is the difference between xenforo groups or xenforo private or public forums?
Sorry I don't understand your question.

Hi, getting these errors 5-6 times a day. what can I do to resolve that?

• TypeError: Argument 1 passed to Truonglv\Groups\App::getGroupIdFromEntity() must be an instance of XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity, null given, called in /home/vape/public_html/src/addons/Truonglv/Groups/XFMG/Pub/Controller/Album.php on line 30
  • src/addons/Truonglv/Groups/App.php:211
  • Generated by: Unknown account
  • Aug 16, 2019 at 1:00 PM

Stack trace
#0 src/addons/Truonglv/Groups/XFMG/Pub/Controller/Album.php(30): Truonglv\Groups\App::getGroupIdFromEntity(NULL)
#1 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(321): Truonglv\Groups\XFMG\Pub\Controller\Album->actionView(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#2 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(248): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('XFMG\\Pub\\Contro...', 'View', Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(Truonglv\Groups\XFMG\Pub\Controller\Album), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\Reroute))
#3 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(100): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(Truonglv\Groups\XFMG\Pub\Controller\Album), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\Reroute))
#4 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(50): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#5 src/XF/App.php(2178): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#6 src/XF.php(390): XF\App->run()
#7 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#8 {main}
Request state
array(4) {
["url"] => string(30) "/media/albums/all.79/index.rss"
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

Hi, getting these errors 5-6 times a day. what can I do to resolve that?

• TypeError: Argument 1 passed to Truonglv\Groups\App::getGroupIdFromEntity() must be an instance of XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity, null given, called in /home/vape/public_html/src/addons/Truonglv/Groups/XFMG/Pub/Controller/Album.php on line 30
  • src/addons/Truonglv/Groups/App.php:211
  • Generated by: Unknown account
  • Aug 16, 2019 at 1:00 PM

Stack trace
#0 src/addons/Truonglv/Groups/XFMG/Pub/Controller/Album.php(30): Truonglv\Groups\App::getGroupIdFromEntity(NULL)
#1 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(321): Truonglv\Groups\XFMG\Pub\Controller\Album->actionView(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#2 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(248): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('XFMG\\Pub\\Contro...', 'View', Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(Truonglv\Groups\XFMG\Pub\Controller\Album), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\Reroute))
#3 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(100): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(Truonglv\Groups\XFMG\Pub\Controller\Album), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\Reroute))
#4 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(50): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#5 src/XF/App.php(2178): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#6 src/XF.php(390): XF\App->run()
#7 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#8 {main}
Request state
array(4) {
["url"] => string(30) "/media/albums/all.79/index.rss"
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}
Will fix soon.

Top Bottom