Tag Essentials [Deleted]

i did have those errors when i installed the 'tag essentials',not before, i will try it with' bd tag me' disabled and see what happens.

Suggestion: report tags.
There are often cases of users trolling by putting in bogus tags and it would be nice if these can be reported and easily removed by moderators.

Suggestion: report tags.
There are often cases of users trolling by putting in bogus tags and it would be nice if these can be reported and easily removed by moderators.
What would be the difference between reporting a tag in a thread and reporting a thread and referring to the offending tag in the details?
Do you mean removing the tag from the thread or blocking it site wide?
Moderators can already edit tags in threads if they are given permission to do so.
And tag essentials has the block tag facility of it's the site wide option you want.

The same difference between reporting a thread and reporting a post. Tags are not only in threads but in any content type. The benefit is that the content (tags) are included in the report. Optimally there would be a function to remove the tag site wide as well as just from the item/thread/resource/etc.

And tag essentials has the block tag facility of it's the site wide option you want.
Will this function remove the tag site wide? Where can moderators access this?

Please consider to make these functions (to remove the tag from content and block it side wide) available from within the report.

The same difference between reporting a thread and reporting a post. Tags are not only in threads but in any content type. The benefit is that the content (tags) are included in the report. Optimally there would be a function to remove the tag site wide as well as just from the item/thread/resource/etc.

Will this function remove the tag site wide? Where can moderators access this?

Please consider to make these functions (to remove the tag from content and block it side wide) available from within the report.

/admin.php?tags/blacklisted
upload_2016-6-26_16-28-47.webp
I will think about it, yes.

I'm getting a weird error in the server error logs when I add a new tag in the admincp. It's not preventing me from adding tags or seeming to be doing anything. But errors are never good.

This is a brand new install, by the way!

Code:
ErrorException: Undefined index: tagess_category_id - library/TagEss/XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Tag.php:476

Stack Trace
#0 /home/***/public_html/library/TagEss/XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Tag.php(476): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined index...', '/home/ashmoono/...', 476, Array)
#1 /home/***/public_html/library/XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Tag.php(54): TagEss_XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Tag->_getTagAddEditResponse(Array)
#2 /home/***/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(351): XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Tag->actionAdd()
#3 /home/***/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#4 /home/***/public_html/admin.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#5 {main}

Request State

array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(186) "http://www.***.com/admin.php?tags/add&&_xfRequestUri=%2Fadmin.php%3Ftags%2F&_xfNoRedirect=1&_xfToken=6%2C1471406051%2Cbd5c16547991890186d965477f1a76bacc76b261&_xfResponseType=json"
  ["_GET"] => array(5) {
    ["tags/add"] => string(0) ""
    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(16) "/admin.php?tags/"
    ["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(53) "6,1471406051,bd5c16547991890186d965477f1a76bacc76b261"
    ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

I'm getting a weird error in the server error logs when I add a new tag in the admincp. It's not preventing me from adding tags or seeming to be doing anything. But errors are never good.

This is a brand new install, by the way!

Code:
ErrorException: Undefined index: tagess_category_id - library/TagEss/XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Tag.php:476

Stack Trace
#0 /home/***/public_html/library/TagEss/XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Tag.php(476): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined index...', '/home/ashmoono/...', 476, Array)
#1 /home/***/public_html/library/XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Tag.php(54): TagEss_XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Tag->_getTagAddEditResponse(Array)
#2 /home/***/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(351): XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Tag->actionAdd()
#3 /home/***/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#4 /home/***/public_html/admin.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#5 {main}

Request State

array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(186) "http://www.***.com/admin.php?tags/add&&_xfRequestUri=%2Fadmin.php%3Ftags%2F&_xfNoRedirect=1&_xfToken=6%2C1471406051%2Cbd5c16547991890186d965477f1a76bacc76b261&_xfResponseType=json"
  ["_GET"] => array(5) {
    ["tags/add"] => string(0) ""
    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(16) "/admin.php?tags/"
    ["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(53) "6,1471406051,bd5c16547991890186d965477f1a76bacc76b261"
    ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}
Are you using categories for your tags? I don't and have never had such an error.

I currently use xentag for my XF tags, but this addon looks very interesting @Stuart Wright . I would like to ask a few questions before buying.
  1. What is the difference of your addon compared to xentag, for example?
  2. What happens with my current tags when I disable xentag and use your addon? Are all my tags lost?
  3. Can I use a tagcloud with your addon?
Thank you for some information concerning these items.

I currently use xentag for my XF tags, but this addon looks very interesting @Stuart Wright . I would like to ask a few questions before buying.
  1. What is the difference of your addon compared to xentag, for example?
  2. What happens with my current tags when I disable xentag and use your addon? Are all my tags lost?
  3. Can I use a tagcloud with your addon?
Thank you for some information concerning these items.
I'm not familiar with Xentag, but it appears to have been made to give tagging functionality.
Since it was released, Xenforo implemented tagging in the core software in version 1.5. So Xentag looks largely redundant at this point.
Tag Essentials gives additional features to the tagging system which is built in to the core Xenforo software.

There is an importer to get existing tags over from XenTag to the core software.
https://xenforo.com/community/resources/xentag-importer.4467/

Xenforo has tag cloud functionality build in, so you don't need Tag Essentials for that. https://xenforo.com/community/tags/ I don't use tag clouds, so I don't know what you can do with them.

Hi,

i would like to place the "Display Tag Cloud While Viewing Forums" instead of on top of a Forum node at bottom - how i can do this ?

I'm not quite sure how support is done now. I have a strange error message in my ACP from Tag Essentials:

Code:
Server Error Log
Error Info
ErrorException: Undefined offset: 548 - library/TagEss/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Tag.php:63
Generated By: Unknown Account, Today at 12:04 PM
Stack Trace
#0 /home/axel/public_html/forum/library/TagEss/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Tag.php(63): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined offse...', '/home/axel/publ...', 63, Array)
#1 /home/axel/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(351): TagEss_XenForo_ControllerPublic_Tag->actionIndex()
#2 /home/axel/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#3 /home/axel/public_html/forum/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#4 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(31) "http://mainecoon.nl/forum/tags/"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(2) {
    ["tags"] => string(30) "(select convert(int,CHAR(65)))"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
  }
}

Not sure what to do now :(

Hi All ! :)

I have this problem, i'm not an expert in this domain so anyone would help me :D ? I use Xenforo 1.4.4

0909efa063a797ffd096fef490982599.png

Thank you guys for your precious help :)

Top Bottom