Smiley Manager

Smiley Manager 2.2.0

No permission to download
Question about, when you press similes does it load the main category ones or loads them all?
Would be nice for big forums who want to have tons of smiles to not increase server resources consumption to load a ton of images a the same time.

Last edited:
Question about, when you press similes does it load the main category ones or loads them all?
Would be nice for big forums who want to have tons of smiles to not increase server resources consumption to load a ton of images a the same time.

All smilies and categories are stored in cache and registry, so it only execute 1 additional query to get the data from registry. The next version will use cache only, as a result, there will be no more additional query.

OMG I can not express enough how cool and useful this is! Thanks so much!

You could start with a review and rating the product. I'm sure you'll agree after the amount of exceptional work, time and effort Milano has produced here is worthy of 2 minutes of your time to review and rate the product. :)

Thank you for the awesome addon @Milano! It's very useful for boards with lots of emoticons. In fact, installing your addon earlier gave me the motivation go through and clean out all the junky ones and duplicates. I went from ~550 emoticons to 340.

I found what I think is a small bug. On the front end (posting messages) if you have 2 categories set the same display order the images get swapped somehow.

For instance, I had Pill Emoticons and Dancing Smilies set to display order 5. Pill showed the Dancing emoticons and vice versa. Setting Dancing Smilies to display order to 6 fixed it.

It's definitely not a show stopper more like user error on my end but something to note.

Thank you for the awesome addon @Milano! It's very useful for boards with lots of emoticons. In fact, installing your addon earlier gave me the motivation go through and clean out all the junky ones and duplicates. I went from ~550 emoticons to 340.

I found what I think is a small bug. On the front end (posting messages) if you have 2 categories set the same display order the images get swapped somehow.

For instance, I had Pill Emoticons and Dancing Smilies set to display order 5. Pill showed the Dancing emoticons and vice versa. Setting Dancing Smilies to display order to 6 fixed it.

It's definitely not a show stopper more like user error on my end but something to note.

Thank you for your report, it will be fixed soon.

Milano updated Smiley Manager with a new update entry:

New features and bugs fixed

• Fixed uninstall bug: table smiliet_category won't delete.
  • Fixed Cache Rebuilder bug. It works fine now.
  • Fixed smilies display in wrong category when the category has the same display order with another.
  • Added install requirements check: PHP 5.3.0 or later.
  • Added tab history: when you activate smilie button it will take you to your last used tab.
  • Added smilies import and export.
View attachment 61289 View attachment 61288

Read the rest of this update entry...

What an update. (y) Excellent work once again Milano.

I wasn't sure whether you were accepting suggestions so refrained from making any but it looks like your striving on improving this brilliant add-on so thought I'd make a suggestion.

At the moment the only way to bring the smiley container into view is by clicking the message area then the smiley button in the panel. The suggestion (make it optional) is to make this a one click process so when people click the text area when posting a thread the smiley container comes into view. Not sure whether this is possible or whether this is something you feel is worth adding but I think it would be beneficial.

Excellent work again on the update. Updated without issue and will try this importer shortly. :)

At the moment the only way to bring the smiley container into view is by clicking the message area then the smiley button in the panel. The suggestion (make it optional) is to make this a one click process so when people click the text area when posting a thread the smiley container comes into view. Not sure whether this is possible or whether this is something you feel is worth adding but I think it would be beneficial.
Just out of curiosity, why do you think this would be better?

Just out of curiosity, why do you think this would be better?

Less clicks is always welcomed in my books and I do find that when I'm replying or creating a thread/post that I always use a smiley on my forums. Plus, when I'm in the middle of writing a message and I need to add a smiley inbetween (say for example a sentence) you have to move to the top of the editor and then move down to the smiley panel which imo disrupts the flow whilst creating a message where minimising that would always be welcomed in my books by having an option to reduce the amount of clicks having to be made. It's mainly for the lazy folks (like me) :P

What an update. (y) Excellent work once again Milano.

I wasn't sure whether you were accepting suggestions so refrained from making any but it looks like your striving on improving this brilliant add-on so thought I'd make a suggestion.

Excellent work again on the update. Updated without issue and will try this importer shortly. :)

That was cool suggessions, I will take a look on that.

Less clicks is always welcomed in my books and I do find that when I'm replying or creating a thread/post that I always use a smiley on my forums. Plus, when I'm in the middle of writing a message and I need to add a smiley inbetween (say for example a sentence) you have to move to the top of the editor and then move down to the smiley panel which imo disrupts the flow whilst creating a message where minimising that would always be welcomed in my books by having an option to reduce the amount of clicks having to be made. It's mainly for the lazy folks (like me) :p
Makes sense. Wouldn't this add to the server load on the back end and make the forum a bit slower though?

Makes sense. Wouldn't this add to the server load on the back end and make the forum a bit slower though?

TBh - I'm not sure. If that did proove to be the case (I'm not a developer) then it probably isn't worth adding it in. But if it doesn't increase server load, and it's made optional I can't see any harm in adding it in (of course at Milano's discretion).

That was cool suggessions, I will take a look on that.

Thanks for looking into that @Milano :)

Just tested the exporting feature. Let's just say we now need a drooling smiley here. The amount of time this is going to save people and make it easier for them to import is invaluable.

Brilliant update @Milano, excellent work again (y)

P.S. Looking forward to the Smilies display order option, Hope it will be considered too.

Top Bottom