Smiley Manager

Smiley Manager 2.2.0

No permission to download
I have to say I am curious now what could be causing this since it seems to be a hit and miss on this working.
You want REALLY weird... on my motorcycle forum it doesn't work... on my Apple forum it does. Two separate servers but configured identically.:confused:

That is odd. I wonder if this indeed another add-on conflict? Have you got the same add-ons installed on both forums?
Pretty much... right now I'm disabling all add-ons on Two Wheel Demons and going to try it with just the Smiley Manager enabled. With 70'ish add-ons it takes a bit to disable 'em all one by one. :p

Pretty much... right now I'm disabling all add-ons on Two Wheel Demons and going to try it with just the Smiley Manager enabled. With 70'ish add-ons it takes a bit to disable 'em all one by one. :p

I'm just installing it on a test forum (though the test forum is 1.2.2) and see what results come in. Yeah, I certainly don't envy you with those 70 add-ons but hopefully you'll get a good outcome because the add-on is an essential feature for me now.

Edit: Worked perfectly on the test site (which is running on 1.2.2) with add-ons enabled and all other add-ons disabled.

Last edited:
I'm just installing it on a test forum (though the test forum is 1.2.2) and see what results come in. Yeah, I certainly don't envy you with those 70 add-ons but hopefully you'll get a good outcome because the add-on is an essential feature for me now.

Edit: Worked perfectly on the test site (which is running on 1.2.2) with add-ons enabled and all other add-ons disabled.
Lucky you... just disabled everything but this and still the same problem rears it's ugly head. About to totally remove it (remove from ACP and physically delete files and check the DB for any entries).

One thing I noticed... if you remove it, the DB entry for it's categories remains in your DB. Should be dropped.

Lucky you... just disabled everything but this and still the same problem rears it's ugly head. About to totally remove it (remove from ACP and physically delete files and check the DB for any entries).

when your batch updating them are you going into tools >> Rebuild Smilies and Categories ?

If so try batch updating them from the smiley listings at the bottom. It probably won't help but guessing at this point since the smiley list batch updating is where i updated them rather than going into tools

Screenshot_84.webp

when your batch updating them are you going into tools >> Rebuild Smilies and Categories ?

If so try batch updating them from the smiley listings at the bottom. It probably won't help but guessing at this point since the smiley list batch updating is where i updated them rather than going into tools

View attachment 61144
Didn't even see that batch update... am currently rebooting the entire server to see if maybe that will help. I dropped the categories in the DB and it was still picking them up (probably memcached).

OK... what I had to do was delete the add-on and then re-installed it and did the batch update and then ran the cache rebuild... working now!

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STATIC in /home3/mcwh/public_html/codeforu.ms/forums/library/Milano/Common/Install.php on line 25

I get this error while trying to install.

OK... what I had to do was delete the add-on and then re-installed it and did the batch update and then ran the cache rebuild... working now!
Didn't work for me. I deleted it, reinstalled it, ran the cache fix, and still get the :::'s.

One weird thing I noticed, if you delete the add-on, and reinstall it, the categories are still there from the first install.

Didn't work for me. I deleted it, reinstalled it, ran the cache fix, and still get the :::'s.

One weird thing I noticed, if you delete the add-on, and reinstall it, the categories are still there from the first install.
Did you use the batch add process. That's what I think did it for me really on my last go-around.
And I noticed that about the categories. I even dropped the smiliey category from the DB and it was still there (persistent after a reboot) upon reinstalling. Weird thing was you go into the utility to define categories and it showed none in existence.

Did you use the batch add process. That's what I think did it for me really on my last go-around.
And I noticed that about the categories. I even dropped the smiliey category from the DB and it was still there (persistent after a reboot) upon reinstalling. Weird thing was you go into the utility to define categories and it showed none in existence.
No, I had all my smilies installed already. Since there's no way to delete them in batches, I REALLY didn't want to go through and knock them out one by one. I have a lot of smilies.

No, I had all my smilies installed already. Since there's no way to delete them in batches, I REALLY didn't want to go through and knock them out one by one. I have a lot of smilies.
You don't delete them... It's a batch for category assignment (adding to the category defined). You pick all the ones you want out for a selected category and can do them at one time instead of going into each smiley and telling it the correct category.

You don't delete them... It's a batch for category assignment (adding to the category defined). You pick all the ones you want out for a selected category and can do them at one time instead of going into each smiley and telling it the correct category.
Oh yeah, did that at the outset. I thought you were talking about batch adding them to the forum.

Top Bottom