Setting up Facebook, Twitter & Google Integration

Setting up Facebook, Twitter & Google Integration

I may look at adding a test facility in the future to the control panel, but if you can submit a ticket with some level of FTP (or FTP-like) access, I can have a look and see what it's responding with.

It should be fixed in XenForo 1.3.1.

If you still experience issues, please create a new thread in the Troubleshooting forum.

Got Google working w/o too much hassle -- there are a couple items (product name & email address) on Google's "Consent Screen" page that must also be filled in or you get error windows when you try to log in.

1 out of 2's not bad, going to quit for the evening while I'm even. :)

Last edited:
I cannot get this to work, and i did everything as stated.
I'm getting this error from tools-test twitter integration:
Twitter returned the following error: Could not retrieve a valid Token response from Token URL: Failed to validate oauth signature and token.

Facebook and Twitter are working fine, but in the Google Integration options, I've only got the option to input "Google Analytics Web Property ID" and to enable or disable the +1 button.
What did I do?

EDIT: wrong details in one of my addons. Fexed now.

Last edited:
Is this an error message? I have this pop up when I try to test the Facebook Integration.

The following permissions have not been approved for use and are not being shown to people using your app: user_birthday, user_status, user_website and user_location.

Can I proceed without submitting my app for review?

Thanks!

Attachments

• scrn.webp
    scrn.webp
    20.3 KB · Views: 15
I believe you will need to submit your app for review. It appears to be a recent FB change.

Ugh. Okay, thanks.

Also, what does the FB integration actually offer? What does it give my users besides "liking" a page?

Thanks again.

I'm looking into the FB API changes.

It allows people to login via FB (and it could allow posting back to FB, though that isn't something we use). Liking a page is unrelated.

Thanks, Mike. That's what I was looking for - something that let the user share their post to Facebook. I could've sworn it did that already, but maybe I'm thinking of other forum software.

I appreciate your help on the API.

I've fixed the problem with twitter, but now google is giving me this error:

400. That’s an error.
Error: origin_mismatch
Request Details
How to fix this?

Hey guys, my users are getting an error from Facebook about using their birthday and location. I went through the FB app process, but we got denied. Is there a way I can turn this off, so my users can create an account via FB without importing their bday and location?

Top Bottom