1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.3 Twitter & Google integration problems

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by vexx, Mar 11, 2014.

1. vexx

vexx Active Member

Heys,

I've recently updated to 1.3 and wanted to test the 2 additional social integrations, Twitter and Google. However, after setting up the apps for both APIs and adding the keys to the XF's options, I can't seem to make them work.

Twitter tells me: An unexpected error occurred. Please try again later.
    Google tells me: Error: origin_mismatch

I'm not sure if I need to set-up anything else, I also read this post for additional guidance, but no luck: http://xenforo.com/community/resources/setting-up-facebook-twitter-google-integration.2811/

The site is: www.tesoelite.com/forums/

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

3. vexx

vexx Active Member

I've managed to make Twitter work but Google ..not so much. Followed the guide by the letter...my guess is that my XF isn't installed in the root and Google doesn't accept www.tesoelite.com/forums as an origin URI. Is there a tweak I can do?

4. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

This forum isn't installed in the root and Google integration works fine.
    There is no tweak required - just ensure you are entering the correct and complete data.

There is a field at the bottom of the form IIRC, ensure you haven't overlooked it.

5. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

It looks like it's working - I don't see an origin_mismatch when clicking the button.

6. vexx

vexx Active Member

wow, that's weird, I haven't do anything extra, matter of fact I've been afk for the past 10 mins. Maybe it was a cache issue? Weird

Thanks guys