s9e Media Sites

s9e Media Sites 2.15.0

No permission to download
Yes, it should work just as before. I'm not sure at what point in the XenForo upgrade you're supposed to install the new add-on though. I don't think it matters but you may want to have a practice run on a copy of your site first, to iron out any kinks.

Yes, it should work just as before. I'm not sure at what point in the XenForo upgrade you're supposed to install the new add-on though. I don't think it matters but you may want to have a practice run on a copy of your site first, to iron out any kinks.
It's worked perfectly! Thanks for the quick reply. In case anyone comes across this in the future, I installed the new add-on after the upgrade.

I looked into Tidal some time ago but there was very little organic link sharing. Also their embedded player mentioned that tracks are "most of the time limited to 30 seconds". That mention has been removed from the page but I see a lot of discussion about tracks cutting 30s from either the start or the end of a track. The video player seems new but I haven't found any links to it on Reddit.

I don't have any plans to include Tidal to this add-on for the foreseeable future. You may be able to add it for yourself as a custom media sites, using the regular XenForo BB code media site manager. If you'd like to sponsor the addition of that site to this add-on, you can send me a message with the different types of URLs you'd like to see supported and I'll give you a quote asap.

Try again with a browser with no extensions installed and no adblocker or content blocker. If you still don't see anything, send me a link to the page shown in those screenshots.

Try again with a browser with no extensions installed and no adblocker or content blocker. If you still don't see anything, send me a link to the page shown in those screenshots.
Now I'm so sorry. The problem is because of the ad blocker as you said.

Thank you.

FWIW, if you go to your admin panel and search for s9e_MediaSites_Amazon_Link it will take you to the add-on's options page, where you can enable the Add a link to Amazon product embeds option. It adds a placeholder where the Amazon embed would be, so it doesn't appear empty. Some adblockers may still try to remove the placeholder though.

so twitter embeds are broken right now. not the fault of this addon coz even the official embed code is broken. hopefully this is not another one of the things elon wants to get paid for.

Interesting. Apparently most of the thing works but the public API is blocked. It's either a mistake/misconfiguration, or some penny-pinching manager decided that it would be a good idea to close the API and save dozens of dollars per day.

I love it. Most of the site is non-functional because of their own rules. Somebody must have been told to block anything that's publicly accessible for free, so they did. 🤣

Code:
{"errors":[{"message":"Your current API plan does not include access to this endpoint, please see https://developer.twitter.com/en/docs/twitter-api for more information","code":467}]}

@JoshyPHP
Is the add-on not compatible with xenForo 2.2.12 Advanced Cookie Consent?

Before consent is given, the YouTube video should look like this:
(example from my test forum without add-on)

Bildschirmfoto 2023-03-20 um 14.31.37.webp
Unfortunately it does not work with this add-on

Bildschirmfoto 2023-03-20 um 18.49.38.webp

@cosmo There is no special provision for cookie consent in the add-on. The add-on doesn't set any cookies and it does not inject any third party scripts into the page that could set any cookies on your domain.

Until I read your message I didn't know about that feature so I haven't thought about how to handle it. I think that for the time being I'll copy the default XenForo values but I don't know how I'll handle the sites that are not part of a default XenForo install. I can't track which sites do set third party cookies so I'd have to blanket-enable individual consent for each of them, and I don't know how annoying this is going to be for users.

@Apollo- You're probably running PHP 7.3 or earlier, which is a very old version that I cannot support in this add-on. In fact, in order to even access PHP 7.3 I have to compile it by hand. I recommend upgrading to a modern version of PHP. https://www.php.net/supported-versions.php

Until I read your message I didn't know about that feature so I haven't thought about how to handle it.

Advanced cookie consent system

@JoshyPHP
Can I just temporarily disable the add-on until you find a solution?

If you disable the add-on, all of its media sites will be invisible. If you uninstall it, you'll revert to XenForo's default media sites but you'll lose the add-on's settings. Either way, everything should go back to normal when you re-enable or re-install.

I'm going to see if I can make a quick release that adds the cookie consent thing to at least the default media sites.

Thanks for the update, but it doesn't seem to have anything to do with media sites. Can you please clarify? Thanks!

Top Bottom