s9e Media Sites

s9e Media Sites 2.15.0

No permission to download
That popup is generated by Sendvid, there's nothing we can do about it apart from blocking popups at the browser level. It's an issue they have to fix on their site.

JoshyPHP updated s9e Media Sites with a new update entry:

Added the ability to find embeddable URLs in given page

This feature is accessible through the "Insert Media" dialog when posting a message. It adds two options (unchecked by default) that allows the user to look for embeddable URLs if the one they submit does not match any active media site. For example, if a user tries to submit a t.co (Twitter's URL shortener) link to a YouTube video it will not be recognized by default, but if the user checks "Use the canonical URL" then it will be recognized as a YouTube URL.
View attachment 284579

You can enable or disable this feature in your admin panel. When you install the add-on for the first time or you upgrade to this version, the status of this feature will match your preference for unfurling. If you have unfurling enabled, then this feature will be enabled. Otherwise, it will be disabled and you will have to manually enable it in the add-on's options.
View attachment 284580

This feature will evolve based on organic usage and your feedback.

Read the rest of this update entry...

@creativeforge This new feature will allow your users to use vanity URLs to embed tracks/albums, provided they use the Insert Media button in the editor and check the box. This may seem a bit more complicated than it should be, and I may change those boxes to be checked by default in a future version, but I can't just turn it on for every link as it would slow posting greatly and would interfere with posting text links.

@Oblivion Knight I haven't been able to look into the cookie consent strings but it's on my TODO list.

What does the second checkbox do (look for third party embeds)? You mentioned that only the first checkbox needs to be enabled for the addon to process a shortlink to get the origin link to embed it!

After the last update, videos stopped working on the imgur.com website. Only a static image appears.

For example:

https://imgur.com/rBUp4RC
or
https://i.imgur.com/rBUp4RC.mp4

Thank You

As far as I can tell, this is an issue on Imgur's side. Their default embed code does the same thing: static picture that opens a new tab when clicked. The page has a static gif and an empty video player with no video loaded. Either they're having some issues or that particular GIF was damaged somehow.

Edit: the "GIF" is actually a JPEG file saved with a .gif file extension. The server sends it with content-type: image/jpeg, that's why it doesn't move.

Reactions: Dkf
Anyone have an issue with clicking Youtube videos (which show in regular size) and then they shrink once they load?

Firefox or Chrome, same result. Thought maybe an add-on conflict, so I've disabled some of my latest one, no change.

1681934844922.png

1681934856790.png

Last edited:
This "medium" link doesn't appear to render properly:

Code:
https://medium.com/faa/best-glide-speed-eb89693edaa0

This addon is changing amazon links to affiliate links, even though this is disabled in the options.

1682564177751.webp

1682564223708.webp

I can only get rid of this by disabling this addon, and editing the post.

Those are product widgets. Go to your admin page, search for Amazon Product, edit the BB code media site and either disable it completely or check Do not auto-embed links from this site if you want to keep the widget but not automatically convert URLs.

Additional media site request:

The simplest free web video player for Vimeo and Dropbox without branding and quality loss, which loads faster than others and support custom covers.

Top Bottom