s9e Media Sites

s9e Media Sites 2.15.3

No permission to download
OneLinePlayer isn't a media provider; Vimeo is already supported and Dropbox isn't a great fit for a media site. If you need to embed Dropbox videos, you can use a VIDEO BBCode to create a native player.

It works for me, video and all. Try a new browser profile without any extension/privacy feature enabled, see if that works better.

Any thoughts how fix?

I don't think there's anything we can do at the moment. It seems they've changed the way they handle videos, they nuked (404 error) their old video player and even parts of their site can't display videos anymore. Either it's a transitory state that will resolve itself when they finish fixing that kind of bugs, or they will completely discontinue hosting their videos and it will never work again.

In the meantime, you should go to your admin panel, edit the Bleacher Report media site (search for "bleacher" in the upper right) and check the Do not auto-embed links from this site box.

I don't think there's anything we can do at the moment. It seems they've changed the way they handle videos, they nuked (404 error) their old video player and even parts of their site can't display videos anymore. Either it's a transitory state that will resolve itself when they finish fixing that kind of bugs, or they will completely discontinue hosting their videos and it will never work again.

In the meantime, you should go to your admin panel, edit the Bleacher Report media site (search for "bleacher" in the upper right) and check the Do not auto-embed links from this site box.

I checked with my server host and they updated to php 7.4, and that seems to be when it stopped working. It does work here:

It's just a coincidence, it's not related to anything running on your server. Their embedded video player is simply missing. The URL https://bleacherreport.com/video_embed?id=39649&library=video-cms should display the video but instead there's nothing. The site itself doesn't use the same player and may still display the correct videos.

I am also having issues with Instagram on my site. Apparently users with PC's and Androids can see them. But Mac users, whether in Safari or Chrome, see the white box with the Loading Instagram' notice' in it. Interestingly, the Instagram link shows properly with Firefox. Is there a fix for this?

Did you ever find a resolution to this? We're having the same issue on our site.

Thank you for this addon I try it now
but I just disable it to test the youtube image without it, I surprised that default embed not working
is I have to uninstall it to return the normal behavior of imbedding youtube videos?
thank you

Did you ever find a resolution to this? We're having the same issue on our site.
I think what you had was a different issue. I've just updated the Instagram iframe to fix an issue related to a recent update in Instagram code, which affected all browsers, not just Safari.

I was using another add-on vendor's Amazon add-on but wasn't happy with not having control of the text displayed and your add-on displays the widget which looks great. However, when someone put a link inline in the text of the post then I have no tag in that at all. How do you suggest handling this so any and all Amazon links get my affiliate tag? Here is an example:

Attachments

• s9-amzn-settings.webp
    s9-amzn-settings.webp
    44.5 KB · Views: 4
The purpose of this add-on is to provide a way to embed third party content. That includes pasted URLs but if somebody creates a text link, it will not attempt to replace it with something else, nor will it try to replace the link. That feature would be better handled by affiliate link handlers. As far as I know, this add-on should work fine alongside Amazon-centric add-ons. If your Amazon add-ons has some issues when installed alongside this one, post in their support thread, tag me in your post and I'll take a look at it asap.

The purpose of this add-on is to provide a way to embed third party content. That includes pasted URLs but if somebody creates a text link, it will not attempt to replace it with something else, nor will it try to replace the link. That feature would be better handled by affiliate link handlers. As far as I know, this add-on should work fine alongside Amazon-centric add-ons. If your Amazon add-ons has some issues when installed alongside this one, post in their support thread, tag me in your post and I'll take a look at it asap.
I really appreciate your effort! I've been using it since XF1! :)

@JoshyPHP users on my forum have reported that twitter videos no longer play if you are not logged into twitter.

If you click to play the video in the embedded tweet it will take you to twitter to watch the video instead of playing in the embed like it used to (unless you are logged into twitter)

A lot of my users don't have twitter accounts so they are being taken from my forum over to twitter because of this.

Have you heard of this happening or is there a workaround?

I tried playing a video in an embedded tweet in a private browser window and got this error:

1688158972992.webp

Well that's strange. My main browser is Firefox but I just tried to play playing a video in an embedded tweet in incognito mode on Chrome and the video played just fine.

@JoshyPHP users on my forum have reported that twitter videos no longer play if you are not logged into twitter.

If you click to play the video in the embedded tweet it will take you to twitter to watch the video instead of playing in the embed like it used to (unless you are logged into twitter)

A lot of my users don't have twitter accounts so they are being taken from my forum over to twitter because of this.

Have you heard of this happening or is there a workaround?

I tried playing a video in an embedded tweet in a private browser window and got this error:

View attachment 287891
I saw a lot of complaints on other sites today about Twitter itself forcing users to log in. I don't think this it all related to the plugin.

I saw a lot of complaints on other sites today about Twitter itself forcing users to log in. I don't think this it all related to the plugin.
Well that's a shame, just saw this:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Top Bottom