s9e Media Sites

s9e Media Sites 2.15.3

No permission to download
Everything is fine on my local 2.2.1 as far as I can tell. What does "not work" mean in your case and what would I need to do to reproduce that issue on my local board? Posting and editing YouTube URLs work as expected here.

Can you describe the exact steps needed to reproduce this issue? Step by step, what needs to be typed where and how.

As far as I can tell, copy/pasting an Amazon URL works in both mode on my board.

Is there a way to auto embed media sites even if there's a url tag with title? If doing a copy from a web page where the link has a title, e.g. Saltwater (Chicane Slow Tide Remix) (like doing a YouTube search, right-clicking a result, and copying that link) the media doesn't get embedded and instead it's just the plain (titled) link

is it possible to add content from the mastodon-network?
I've thought about it but mastodon.social is very small and it's not quite possible to add blanket support for other Mastodon networks in general because they all live in different domains. So for now I'm waiting to see if any big Mastodon network picks up some activity.

Is there a way to auto embed media sites even if there's a url tag with title?
No, you need to paste the link as plain text. There's a "Media" button in the editor that may help when inserting media.

I just applied the latest update and my Xenforo immediately went offline.
Can you think of any reason why the update would do that?

I uploaded the update, then I clicked the browser shortcut to the Xenforo control panel and it gave an Error 404.
Website was suddenly down.

My DB seems fine. Web service is fine. Maintenance message applied and working.

I'm on XF2.0
We restored our server from backup and all has been fine since.
Today I tried the update again, but this time I used the slightly newer one that dropped on the 22nd.
It went fine, no issues with the update.

Please include reference URL in the Twitter URL. For example, when clicking on the Twitter in this thread: https://www.joyfreak.com/threads/assassins-creed-valhalla-giveaway-60-value-joyfreak-twitter.9136/

Will show:
Code:
https://twitter.com/joyfreakcom/status/1333528108205531143?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1333528108205531143%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=

The ref_url missing. XenForo default offers that URL portion. I would also take a look at other media sites that offer that portion. It's very important and good for social media sharing.

I've thought about it but mastodon.social is very small and it's not quite possible to add blanket support for other Mastodon networks in general because they all live in different domains. So for now I'm waiting to see if any big Mastodon network picks up some activity.
and with an option to "add" the domains? Would this be possible?
I think it's a nice network :-)

Thanks for this!

Random question, before I installed this, embedded Tweets would automatically switch to Dark Mode. Now they are all white. Is there a way to enable that feature again?
Nvm, I figured this out. I just changed the bb code to what it was in the original and it works now. You should add whatever the code is that allows the theme change though, good idea for a future update.

Top Bottom