s9e Media Sites

s9e Media Sites 2.15.6

No permission to download
Changes to tokenless access for User Picture and FB/IG OEmbed endpoints: By October 24, 2020, developers must leverage a user, app, or client token when querying Graph API for user profile pictures via UID, FB OEmbeds and IG OEmbeds. Developers should provide a user or app token when querying for profile pictures via a UID or ASID, though client tokens are supported as well. Please visit our changelog for User Picture, Facebook OEmbed and Instagram OEmbed for details on how to start calling these Graph API endpoints today.

WordPress Jetpack developers worked with Facebook to provide seamless support for embeds from Facebook and Instagram in the future. I imagine such a functionality would not work here on XenForo or through S9E. Was just wondering what happens to existing and future embeds through XenForo oembed and S9E now. 🤦‍♂️

This add-on doesn't use Facebook's oEmbed endpoint and as far as I can tell, there's no change in their regular, non-oEmbed thing. I don't expect that any change will be required on my side but let me know if you have any issues.

ah. makes sense. it's likely they would continue to offer embed codes from individual posts on both fb and insta which should logically work fine 🤔

I searched thread but couldn't find anything specific to my issue.

Is there a way to change the facebook font color in the embed?

Attachments

• 1602106925564.webp
    1602106925564.webp
    56.8 KB · Views: 7
No, everything that's inside an embed is controlled by their respective site but there's an option to add a white background behind Facebook embeds.

Houston, we seem to have a problem....

If I was to paste the following link in to a page using Media sites 2.6.7 / 2.6.8 it returns a placeholder as such but no video (XF2.2)

which makes the link not useable.

However if I was to paste it into a page with Media sites 2.6.5 it returns the hyperlink to the page, the same as it does on here

can i disable amazon only? this is not working with prime day so i had to turn it off and use a standalone re-writer.

amazon category (or any other non product page) ends up showing generic widget linking to home page for amazon.in on my board. so i keep it disabled. check the second embed here for example. actual link is accessible from source link below the embed.

@JoshyPHP I've just updated my php to 7.3.11, however, I continue to receive the following error when attempting to install:

1602637165061.webp

xenforo version 2.0.7

Code:
php -v
PHP 7.3.11 (cli) (built: Jun  5 2020 23:50:40) ( NTS )
Copyright (c) 1997-2018 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v3.3.11, Copyright (c) 1998-2018 Zend Technologies

Top Bottom