s9e Media Sites

s9e Media Sites 2.15.6

No permission to download
The add-on expects a username in the URL but if you add a fake one it will recognize the URL. You can even leave it blank as long as there are enough slashes in it. For example:
Code:
https://elemental.medium.com//your-surge-capacity-is-depleted-it-s-why-you-feel-awful-de285d542f4c
https://medium.com/@tarahaelle/your-surge-capacity-is-depleted-it-s-why-you-feel-awful-de285d542f4c

I'll see if the add-on can be updated to accept the URL you posted as-is.

https://medium.com/p/de285d542f4c should work. also medium embeds have been a mess for long. @JoshyPHP has mentioned this several times. it might be a good idea to disable medium embeds so that they are unfurled instead.

Ooh, came here to ask if it has been tested on 2.2 already and add-on description mentions that. I am probably going to do the stupidity of upgrading my live site today so this is good to know!

can confirm. it seems to work fine. some tweets were not loading but i think that issue was temporary from server side. they load now.

Hi @JoshyPHP love this addon, been using it for years now, just wondering if there is a way to force embedded gfycat videos to be HD by default?

EDIT: Oh, and have it unmuted by default too?

@colcar I'd need to think about it. It's certainly possible but I don't want to add too many options. Is there a differrence between SD and HD on Gfycat? I've downloaded a few random videos tagged HD and there was no difference in resolution between HD and SD. In at least one instance, the SD version had a higher bitrate too.

@colcar I'd need to think about it. It's certainly possible but I don't want to add too many options. Is there a differrence between SD and HD on Gfycat? I've downloaded a few random videos tagged HD and there was no difference in resolution between HD and SD. In at least one instance, the SD version had a higher bitrate too.
I've been creating instructional videos to show the members of my forum how to use various forum functions and I like to upload them to gfycat, but when I embed them on the forum they are always SD by default and half the time you can't see what buttons I'm pressing in the video or the mouse pointer etc

Would you mind sending me a link for those videos? I'd like to compare their formats.
Yes of course, here is one of the videos. Note how much clearer it is when switched to HD.

Also, there's a lot of talk in this thread on my forum about how copy/pasting gifs into posts no longer works since we upgraded to XF2, any ideas of an addon or workaround for fixing that?

Thanks for taking a look at this btw, very much appreciated.

I don't remember anything about it but if you send me the URLs of the GIFs I'll look into it.
It's any gif. If you Google a gif and try to copy it and then paste it into a post on XF2 it just turns it into a static .png image. On XF1 it used to post the gif properly.

For example:

1598899046874.webp

It's any gif
Maybe it has something to do with new things in XF2.2? I mean, you can try to test if it would again work if you try beta version on your test site? As they introduce gif integration in v2.2, I guess for some reason they had dropped it before (I'm new to XF, so don't know how that worked with v1.x).

Maybe it has something to do with new things in XF2.2? I mean, you can try to test if it would again work if you try beta version on your test site? As they introduce gif integration in v2.2, I guess for some reason they had dropped it before (I'm new to XF, so don't know how that worked with v1.x).
I'm now getting reports from my users that they can copy/paste gifs if on Safari. So strange.

If it's any image then it's not related to this add-on. Only some URLs from some of the list supported sites are replaced.

I will think about Gfycat and I expect to publish something at the end of the week. As much as possible, I try to rely on default values for embeds because I expect them to have sane defaults. In Gfycat's case, I think the right way to handle the default resolution would be for Gfycat to auto-select the resolution based on the size of the embed. A 640 px embed would be SD and a bigger one would automatically be HD. Right now I lean towards enabling HD by default.

I haven't found anything in Gfycat's docs about unmuting their embedded videos by default. If you enable the native player in this add-on's options and you disable autoplay, they start unmuted. (they remain muted if autoplay is enabled)

If it's any image then it's not related to this add-on. Only some URLs from some of the list supported sites are replaced.
Yeah I didn't think it was related to your addon, just asking if you had heard about this problem, I know other people on XF2 are also experiencing it.

It's not copy and pasting the link/address into a post I'm talking about by they way, I mean right clicking a gif, selecting 'Copy' and pasting it into a post. That used to work, on XF2 it does not.

I will think about Gfycat and I expect to publish something at the end of the week. As much as possible, I try to rely on default values for embeds because I expect them to have sane defaults. In Gfycat's case, I think the right way to handle the default resolution would be for Gfycat to auto-select the resolution based on the size of the embed. A 640 px embed would be SD and a bigger one would automatically be HD. Right now I lean towards enabling HD by default.

I haven't found anything in Gfycat's docs about unmuting their embedded videos by default. If you enable the native player in this add-on's options and you disable autoplay, they start unmuted. (they remain muted if autoplay is enabled)
Ah ok, thanks for that.

Not at the moment, no, and I don't have any plan to implement something like that in the foreseeable future.

Top Bottom