s9e Media Sites

s9e Media Sites 2.15.6

No permission to download
You're using an old version of the add-on. This is not a recent version. Try updating the add-on manually, using the archive downloaded directly from the add-on's page. You don't need to rebuild anything, installing the latest version of the add-on is all you need.

You're using an old version of the add-on. This is not a recent version. Try updating the add-on manually, using the archive downloaded directly from the add-on's page. You don't need to rebuild anything, installing the latest version of the add-on is all you need.
Thanks, that fixed it!

Two quick questions:

I realized some of the embeds are not matching due to case-sensitivity of the URL, is there a reason why all of the embed matches are set to be case insensitive by default?

I realized while trying to figure out why an embed was not working that the match URL shown in admincp is different than match key in Parser.php. Is that expected? I was scratching my head the admincp match URL even worked given it didn't match and then found the matching one in Parser.php.

Thanks!

Most regexps are case-sensitive by default. What URLs did you try?

I realized while trying to figure out why an embed was not working that the match URL shown in admincp is different than match key in Parser.php. Is that expected?
Yes. The regexp used by XenForo only determines what URLs should be inspected by the add-on. The URL is processed and validated within the add-on itself.

If you want to read the regexps in a more readable format, you can find them in their original format in this directory.

Last edited:
Most regexps are case-sensitive by default. What URLs did you try?

Yes. The regexp used by XenForo only determines what URLs should be inspected by the add-on. The URL is processed and validated within the add-on itself.

If you want to read the regexps in a more readable format, you can find them in their original format in this directory.
For 247sports, a user posted a link with a lower-case p for "/player" context path instead of "/Player". I am not sure how this user got the URL as all the player URLs from 247sports has the P capitalized.

It could be from an overzealous URI normalizer. It's a good practice to lowercase parts of the URL but not that one.

If you send me the URL that your user tried to post, I may update the site's configuration to make the user-facing regexps case-insensitive. I'll keep the regexp that work on server-supplied data case-sensitive so I get alerted if 247sports change their embed URL.

spotify links like https://open.spotify.com/track/7D8FObvhT4xSWUDfq6tUIa?si=Iyj5eh4zTzid4iaoU6nPow are sort of breaking at my end.

Attachments

• image (1).webp
    image (1).webp
    38.8 KB · Views: 5
spotify links like https://open.spotify.com/track/7D8FObvhT4xSWUDfq6tUIa?si=Iyj5eh4zTzid4iaoU6nPow are sort of breaking at my end.
Looks like an interaction with something else. This add-on does not capitalize "spotify".

Does this embed Facebook pages/live streams?
I don't think Facebook provides a way to embed pages. I don't know about live streams. If it's the same URL as a video then yes, otherwise probably not.

@JoshyPHP Not sure, but here's a currently live livestream (if you see this in time) -
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

If Facebook allows embedding live streams then I would assume those will work the same way regular videos do.

I can't watch this stream by clicking on the URL either, it asks me to log in. It's possible that private streams can't be embedded. I don't know how Facebook works.

Thank you so much @JoshyPHP for designing this add on. It was the solution I needed to embed .pdf files in the media gallery (hosted on my Google Drive).

I have managed to embed spreadsheets and many other items from my drive, but at the moment I can't seem to get a Google Documents file (the word processing segment). Is there something I am missing on my end or is this just not supported at this time?

Thank you again, donation being sent for the excellent work.

Top Bottom