s9e Media Sites

s9e Media Sites 2.15.3

No permission to download
Hi there, bit of a weird one, here's how the post looks on the Facebook page:

Sfj5O6u.png

and here's how it looks when embedded

WZRzigz.png

The image in the post is 500 x 262 which is the recommended image size for posts so I don't know why the embed looks so terrible.

EDIT: I've just noticed that the embed looks fine on a mobile device, but looks like the above on a PC.

That's not an embedded post, that's XenForo's "unfurl" box. If you want to embed it as a post, try clicking the "Media" button in the editor. If the URL is rejected, send it to me so I can confirm whether that's a URL that should be supported.

If you do want to unfurl Facebook URLs rather than embed them as posts but you don't like the unfurl layout, you need to ask about it in the general support forum.

Wait, I'm not sure anymore. I just can't tell whether that's Facebook's UI or XenForo's UI based on pictures alone. What's the text content of the post when you edit it?

That's not an embedded post, that's XenForo's "unfurl" box. If you want to embed it as a post, try clicking the "Media" button in the editor. If the URL is rejected, send it to me so I can confirm whether that's a URL that should be supported.

If you do want to unfurl Facebook URLs rather than embed them as posts but you don't like the unfurl layout, you need to ask about it in the general support forum.

Wait, I'm not sure anymore. I just can't tell whether that's Facebook's UI or XenForo's UI based on pictures alone. What's the text content of the post when you edit it?
I'm not sure what you mean but here's a link to the post

EDIT: Oddly I just loaded the page in Chrome and it looked OK until I refreshed the page and it looked bad like the screenshot I posted.

Ok I get it now, you want the image to be bigger in the embedded Facebook post. Unfortunately, I don't think either of us can control this. Facebook decides on the layout and I don't think we can change it. On mobile and when there isn't a lot of horizontal space, Facebook chooses to display a big picture with its caption below, but when there's enough screen real estate (e.g. on desktop) it switches to a smaller square picture on the left side with its caption on the right.

It may be possible to influence Facebook's layout selection and I'll look into it, but I don't think it will change anything.

Ok I get it now, you want the image to be bigger in the embedded Facebook post. Unfortunately, I don't think either of us can control this. Facebook decides on the layout and I don't think we can change it. On mobile and when there isn't a lot of horizontal space, Facebook chooses to display a big picture with its caption below, but when there's enough screen real estate (e.g. on desktop) it switches to a smaller square picture on the left side with its caption on the right.

It may be possible to influence Facebook's layout selection and I'll look into it, but I don't think it will change anything.
Other posts I've embedded from Facebook have been fine, just seem to be this one in particular that isn't behaving in the way I'd expected.

This is probably because this is a URL-shortener link inside of a Facebook post inside of a XenForo post. You may get a different result by posting the real URL inside of a Facebook post, or the short URL directly in a XenForo post.

If an old post contained a textual link, it's not automatically converted to an embed. As you said, you'd have to edit the post so the link gets replaced.

I have been using it on 2.2 since beta 4... What issue did you face? It is marked as 2.2 compatible in description!

I've just upgraded my test board to 2.2 RC 2 without any issues. I also upgraded the add-on to 2.6.7 and everything's fine as far as I can tell.

@Gator Try reinstalling the add-on and if there are any error messages, send them to me.

I can't tell what that screenshot is. That looks like a Gallery page but how can I reproduce it locally? Mine looks completely different.
When you go to the Gallery and click on a video, it displays a small-sized YouTube video when using the Media Sites add-on. When I disabled the add-on, it doesn't show the video at all. When I uninstall the add-on, it works as it should by displaying the large video size. I disabled all other add-ons as a troubleshooting step, but the problem persists. I'm using MS Edge Chromium if that helps.

I've updated the CSS to work with XFMG's new layout but there's something that causes it to show a scroll bar on the video and as far as I can tell, there's no simple way to avoid it. It may even be a browser bug, because changing the CSS at runtime gives different results. For now I have disabled scrollbars in XFMG, hopefully this won't cause issues with the other embeds.

Top Bottom