s9e Media Sites

s9e Media Sites 2.15.6

No permission to download
The ACP index page.
I may be blind, but I'm not seeing anything -- is that something that may have been introduced in 2.1 or 2.2? Currently 2.0.7 as I test through my upgrade (license only went to 2.0.7...will renew license once I verify I'd like to proceed)

It is possible to serve different PHP versions to different domains/sites on the same server.

Contact your host if you aren't sure how to resolve it.

Check htaccess in dir where you have xf. Or in control panel for that domain/dir/whatever.
what would i be looking for in the htaccess file?

domain/forum/htaccess:
Code:
#    Mod_security can interfere with uploading of content such as attachments. If you
#    cannot attach files, remove the "#" from the lines below.
#<IfModule mod_security.c>
#    SecFilterEngine Off
#    SecFilterScanPOST Off
#</IfModule>

ErrorDocument 401 default
ErrorDocument 403 default
ErrorDocument 404 default
ErrorDocument 500 default

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
    RewriteEngine On

#    If you are having problems with the rewrite rules, remove the "#" from the
    #    line that begins "RewriteBase" below. You will also have to change the path
    #    of the rewrite to reflect the path to your XenForo installation.
    #RewriteBase /forum

#    This line may be needed to enable WebDAV editing with PHP as a CGI.
    #RewriteRule .* - [E=HTTP_AUTHORIZATION:%{HTTP:Authorization}]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -f [OR]
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -l [OR]
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -d
    RewriteRule ^.*$ - [NC,L]
    RewriteRule ^(data/|js/|styles/|install/|favicon\.ico|crossdomain\.xml|robots\.txt) - [NC,L]
    RewriteRule ^.*$ index.php [NC,L]
    RewriteRule ^[^\./]+\.f([0-9]+)/ /forums/$1/ [R=301,L]
    RewriteRule ^[^\./]+\.t([0-9]+)/ /threads/$1/ [R=301,L]
</IfModule>

what would i be looking for in the htaccess file?
Well, what Brogan said: different settings for php version. You can run different php per directory, usually set within htaccess for that directory, but not necessary, that can be done with other methods. If you don't know where to find that, best to contact people who manage your server.

In htaccess file you showed there's no php directives to change version to php7.0, so it isn't there (but can be somewhere else).

The next update will ignore Amazon links that don't contain an ASIN.
This worked. And I realized another reason why I keep it disabled. Ad blockers block the Amazon embed code.

at my end ws-eu.assoc-amazon.com needs to be whitelisted for the widget to work.

Last edited:
possible bug report about amazon product embedding...

https://www.amazon.in/Dell-Screen-LED-Lit-Monitor-P2419H/dp/B07F8XZN69

this was embedded as the generic widget linking to homepage. example here.

Apologies, my request here (to not convert non-asin links) was posted in the XF1.x version. I'm using the XF2.x version.

Also Amazon UK won't let people earn affiliate from user generated content. Which means anyone using this to generate income is breaking their T&Cs. They probably won't notice smaller sites doing it, but they removed any earnings from our original tag.

One way round this might be to display the original Amazon link unaffiliated, but then also add the widget below which is affiliated.
So then the affiliate link is not user generated, it's programmatically added to the page.
And then hope that people click the affiliated link because it's more prominent.

Possible to have this as an option, please?

possible bug report about amazon product embedding...

https://www.amazon.in/Dell-Screen-LED-Lit-Monitor-P2419H/dp/B07F8XZN69

That URL doesn't seem any different from any other URL that works as expected. My guess is that some product can't be embedded... maybe? I truly have no idea and I don't think the add-on can differentiate between embeddable products and non-embeddable ones.

Apologies, my request here (to not convert non-asin links) was posted in the XF1.x version. I'm using the XF2.x version.

Both add-ons are generated from the same set of files so they generally behave the same way, apart from features that were added in the 2.x add-on.

One way round this might be to display the original Amazon link unaffiliated, but then also add the widget below which is affiliated.
So then the affiliate link is not user generated, it's programmatically added to the page.
And then hope that people click the affiliated link because it's more prominent.

Possible to have this as an option, please?
I don't understand how that would work and what kind of (legal?) difference it would make since all of the links and widgets are automatically generated from user content. I'm not sure what would help with your use case so here's a couple of options:
  • If you don't specify an associate tag for .co.uk then links to amazon.co.uk will not carry it.
  • There is a XenForo option that automatically adds a link when a URL is converted to an embed. You can search in the admin panel for "autoEmbedMedia" and select "Auto-embed media, and add a link to the content within this BB code"
Let me know if that helps.

I don't understand how that would work and what kind of (legal?) difference it would make since all of the links and widgets are automatically generated from user content.
I guess it's how it looks. If the original link is there unmolested, we can say honestly to Amazon that we haven't touched the user generated post. If we add a new element to the page with an affiliate link, we can say honestly that we've added extra contextual content to the page to create a relevant affiliate link.

Hey it seems this issue has still not been fixed.
I don't know what causes that issue on your site. It could be a browser bug, a weird interaction with your style or a particular CSS quirk I am not aware of. I could add the workaround I posted earlier so you don't have to keep it in your extra.less file. It worked for you, right?

Last edited:
Top Bottom