s9e Media Sites

s9e Media Sites 2.15.6

No permission to download
Correct. I forgot to post about it last week but I looked into the software page and I think it's better handled with a custom solution such as a custom BBCode.

ahh, i see ... dang, i don't really know enough about that stuff to make one :( oh well ... shame

thanks anyway! :)

@JoshyPHP this addon seems to be causing a minor bug in @Bob 's showcase addon (version 3.0 RC1). When adding a link to media (youtube, vimeo, etc) into an item in the showcase addon, I get the following message:

screenshot-squattheplanet.com-2018.11.02-09-03-01.webp

"Your content can not be submitted. This is likely because your content is spam-like or contains inappropriate elements. Please change your content or try again later. If you still have problems, please contact an administrator."

note that regular (non-media) urls work fine, and this message stops coming up when i disable the s9e addon. is there anything i can do to help you or bob figure this out? i can provide some admin credentials for testing on my site if you need them.

@electrogypsy I don't think this is related to this add-on. Try uninstalling this add-on (not just disabling it) before posting again; If you receive the same error, you'll know it is independent from it. Otherwise, you need to identify what generates this error and why. I would be surprised that a showcase add-on would pack its own anti-spam measures. It could be that the showcase add-on rejects all media BBCodes and only allows plain links.

@electrogypsy I don't think this is related to this add-on. Try uninstalling this add-on (not just disabling it) before posting again; If you receive the same error, you'll know it is independent from it. Otherwise, you need to identify what generates this error and why. I would be surprised that a showcase add-on would pack its own anti-spam measures. It could be that the showcase add-on rejects all media BBCodes and only allows plain links.

apologies, you are correct, it is not related to your addon. seems i had a spam filter (Admin CP > Options > Spam Management) left over from the days when we used to use tapatalk for our forums:

Code:
http:\/\/r.tapatalk.com\/byo)/i

This was triggering the spam system of XF through showcase somehow when trying to submit video urls. I've removed it and now showcase submits the form without complaint and s9e embeds the video as expected. sorry for the false flag :)

No, only Google Sheets. If you want to embed forms, you'll need to create a custom media site for yourself, or perhaps a custom BBCode if that's easier.

I've noticed recently twitter embeds are wider than a mobile screen. They change something maybe?

They changed their layout. Some users have reported the same issue on some versions of mobile Safari.

What directory?
I downloaded the add-on, but the zip folder appeared to be empty.
There's an issue with add-ons generated on the current version of XenForo that causes some versions of Windows to show an empty archive. If you don't see a directory in the archive, try a separate archiver such as 7zip, or wait for the next version of the add-on.

I upgraded from XF2, but now I'm getting server errors. I left the XF1 add-on when I upgraded, but I uninstalled it after I installed the version for XF2, but I didn't remove any files from the XF1 version.

Just uninstall everything related to either version of the add-on, then install the latest version of the add-on. It should fix it.

Top Bottom