s9e Media Sites

s9e Media Sites 2.15.3

No permission to download
Ok, I've just updated the page to prevent the error it caused but the reason the video won't play is due to Chrome's autoplay policy which doesn't seem to accept the first click as an interaction with the document. I don't think there's anything we or Twitter can do.

The relevant error message is below:

I'll look into it, see if there's a way to work around the new policy.
This is the issue I told you about days ago :D

I guess that highlights the importance of providing a reproducible case when filing a bug.

If someone says "Twitter doesn't work for me" I immediately assume it's their content block/Firefox, so I load up a tweet and see if it works. That's why I systematically ask for a URL.

I guess that highlights the importance of providing a reproducible case when filing a bug.

If someone says "Twitter doesn't work for me" I immediately assume it's their content block/Firefox, so I load up a tweet and see if it works. That's why I systematically ask for a URL.
I gave you a link to one on my forum and also stated that my testing was on a virgin browser with no adblock enabled.

The best way to present a test case is give a description of the steps needed to reproduce an issue, what's expected and what's actually experienced. In the case of autoplaying videos, the shortest way would be something like "I post <URL> and the tweet is displayed but when I click on the video, it doesn't start". For best results, you can specify any relevant info such as the browser used or any errors displayed in the JavaScript console.

I don't know what could cause an embed to overflow horizontally. They are hardcoded to stop at 100% of the container. I can't reproduce it so all I can do is guess that it's either a browser bug or a weird CSS interaction. What style do you use? Try it again with XenForo's default style(s) and see if it changes anything.

Can you send me a link to the post from the screenshot? I'd like to see it in situ.

Last edited:
@Rambro I remember looking into it a while ago and come to the conclusion it had to be a mobile Safari bug. I have no idea what to do with it and investigating layout issues on mobile Safari is particularly complicated. You can try adding the following CSS to your extra.less template, maybe it'll help:
Code:
@media (max-width: 639px)
{
	[data-s9e-mediaembed="instagram"]
	{
		max-width: 97vw !important;
		width:     97vw !important;
	}
}

We're getting error reports on the s9e media sites 1.0.13 addon using XF 2.0.6a.

It's throwing the error below. Any ideas?

• ErrorException: Template error: Template public:_media_site_embed_twitter is unknown

• src/XF/Template/Templater.php:583

• Generated by: REDACTED

• May 23, 2018 at 8:47 AM
Stack trace

#0 [internal function]: XF\Template\Templater->handleTemplateError(512, 'Template public...', '/home/REDACTED/...', 583, Array)
#1 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(583): trigger_error('Template public...', 512)
#2 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(538): XF\Template\Templater->getTemplateData('public', '_media_site_emb...')
#3 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1248): XF\Template\Templater->getTemplateCode('public', '_media_site_emb...')
#4 src/addons/s9e/MediaSites/Renderer.php(50): XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('public:_media_s...', Array)
#5 [internal function]: s9e\MediaSites\Renderer::render('999228352891441...', Array, 'twitter')
#6 src/XF/BbCode/Renderer/Html.php(682): call_user_func(Array, '999228352891441...', Array, 'twitter')
#7 [internal function]: XF\BbCode\Renderer\Html->renderTagMedia(Array, 'twitter', Array, Array, Object(XF\BbCode\Renderer\Html))
#8 src/XF/BbCode/Renderer/Html.php(247): call_user_func(Array, Array, 'twitter', Array, Array, Object(XF\BbCode\Renderer\Html))
#9 src/XF/BbCode/Traverser.php(54): XF\BbCode\Renderer\Html->renderTag(Array, Array)
#10 src/XF/BbCode/Traverser.php(30): XF\BbCode\Traverser->renderSubTree(Array, Array)
#11 src/XF/BbCode/Traverser.php(18): XF\BbCode\Traverser->renderAst(Array, Object(XF\BbCode\RuleSet), Array)
#12 src/XF/SubContainer/BbCode.php(216): XF\BbCode\Traverser->render('

I uninstalled this add-on and it removed the default sites that were there , how can I get the default sites back ?

1527515154828.webp

Two questions:

How do I make sure vertical videos align left instead of center?
How do I make the default streaming width bigger?

Example where a video is centered and way too small:

GOqXI4m.png

Link: https://forums.themavesite.com/threads/how-to-let-your-girlfriend-hate-you-instantly.38146/

How do I make the default streaming width bigger?

If you want Streamable videos to be displayed in 1280 × 720 you can add the following to your extra.less template:
CSS:
[data-s9e-mediaembed="streamable"] { max-width: 1280px !important; }

Alternatively, you can use something like this to change the size of all embeds that are 640px wide:
CSS:
[data-s9e-mediaembed][style*="640px"] { max-width: 1280px !important; }

The embed isn't centered per se. The blank space is due to the video's aspect ratio, which differs from the standard 16:9 ratio used for the iframe element.

The embed code for Youku needs to be changed to something like:

<iframe height=405 width=720 src='https://player.youku.com/embed/{$id}==' frameborder=0 'allowfullscreen'></iframe>

Currently it's http other than https so it's blocked and not displaying because of the insecure content.

This add-on has always used HTTPS for Youku. If your Youku media site uses HTTP, it may have been installed by another add-on.

I've just tried the Youku embed from this add-on and I have found that some videos don't work reliably or at all. Youku's player refuses to play the video and instead asks to install a custom program.

Is that your experience as well? What URLs did you try?

Last edited:
This add-on has always used HTTPS for Youku. If your Youku media site uses HTTP, it may have been installed by another add-on.

I've just tried the Youku embed from this add-on and I have found that some videos don't work reliably or at all. Youku's player refuses to play the video and instead asks to install a custom program.

Is that your experience as well? What URLs did you try?
When use this addon to embed videos from Youku, the Chrome browser report some content are loading over insecure HTTP, and the embedded video won't display, I did not use other addon, what I did try is go to admin.php?bb-code-media-sites/ and write custom template like:

<iframe height=405 width=720 src='https://player.youku.com/embed/{$id}==' frameborder=0 'allowfullscreen'></iframe>

So it can display correctly.

As you said it asks to install a custom program, I guess it should be adobe flash player right?

Top Bottom