s9e Media Sites

s9e Media Sites 2.15.5

No permission to download
I added a BBC video and it seemed to work except only the widget would display the thumbnail, but the video would not display in the media index.

That sounds like a browser issue but if you post the URL I'll look into it.
Hi JoshyPHP, I discovered the problem was indeed browser, partly. It was not allowing the BBC script to run because I use an SSL certificate on my secured site. I uninstalled the add-on, but when I did, it wiped out all but 3 of the default media sites that were installed by Xenforo. Because of this, I reinstalled the add-on to my website. As far as I know, this only involves the BBC video site. YouTube works fine, for example

Last edited:
@JoshyPHP getting a ton of errors in the log after upgrading

Code:
ErrorException: Template error: Template public:_media_site_embed_instagram is unknown src/XF/Template/Templater.php:582
Generated by: Unknown account Apr 16, 2018 at 1:19 AM
Stack trace
#0 [internal function]: XF\Template\Templater->handleTemplateError(512, 'Template public...', '/home/dressedw/...', 582, Array)
#1 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(582): trigger_error('Template public...', 512)
#2 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(537): XF\Template\Templater->getTemplateData('public', '_media_site_emb...')
#3 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1247): XF\Template\Templater->getTemplateCode('public', '_media_site_emb...')
#4 src/addons/s9e/MediaSites/Renderer.php(50): XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('_media_site_emb...', Array)
#5 [internal function]: s9e\MediaSites\Renderer::render('0vmxMRp8M8', Array, 'instagram')
#6 src/XF/BbCode/Renderer/Html.php(678): call_user_func(Array, '0vmxMRp8M8', Array, 'instagram')
#7 [internal function]: XF\BbCode\Renderer\Html->renderTagMedia(Array, 'instagram', Array, Array, Object(XF\BbCode\Renderer\Html))
#8 src/XF/BbCode/Renderer/Html.php(246): call_user_func(Array, Array, 'instagram', Array, Array, Object(XF\BbCode\Renderer\Html))
#9 src/XF/BbCode/Traverser.php(54): XF\BbCode\Renderer\Html->renderTag(Array, Array)
#10 src/XF/BbCode/Traverser.php(30): XF\BbCode\Traverser->renderSubTree(Array, Array)
#11 src/XF/BbCode/Traverser.php(18): XF\BbCode\Traverser->renderAst(Array, Object(XF\BbCode\RuleSet), Array)
#12 src/XF/SubContainer/BbCode.php(216): XF\BbCode\Traverser->render('The bathing hab...', Object(XF\BbCode\Parser), Object(XF\BbCode\RuleSet), Array)
#13 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1862): XF\SubContainer\BbCode->render('The bathing hab...', 'html', 'post', Object(XF\Entity\Post), Array)
#14 [internal function]: XF\Template\Templater->fnBbCode(Object(XF\Template\Templater), false, 'The bathing hab...', 'post', Object(XF\Entity\Post))
#15 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(879): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#16 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s92/public/post_macros.php(137): XF\Template\Templater->fn('bb_code', Array, false)
#17 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(661): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(XF\Template\Templater), Array, Array)
#18 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s92/public/thread_view.php(537): XF\Template\Templater->callMacro('post_macros', 'post', Array, Array)
#19 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1248): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(XF\Template\Templater), Array)
#20 src/XF/Template/Template.php(24): XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('thread_view', Array)
#21 src/XF/Mvc/Renderer/Html.php(48): XF\Template\Template->render()
#22 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(332): XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html->renderView('XF:Thread\\View', 'public:thread_v...', Array)
#23 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(303): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderView(Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View))
#24 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(44): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->render(Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), 'html')
#25 src/XF/App.php(1891): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#26 src/XF.php(328): XF\App->run()
#27 index.php(13): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#28 {main}
Request state
array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(86) "/threads/fake-tailors-and-craftsmen-who-also-happen-to-be-tackies-exposed.1733/page-20"
  ["referrer"] => bool(false)
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

almost all the media sites are tripping errors.

@Rambro If it interferes with the site, you can downgrade by uninstalling then reinstalling an older version.

Edit: I've just reinstalled on my local board using the archive downloaded from here and I'm not seeing any issues with Instagram embeds or any others. Try reinstalling the add-on, the error message implies that some templates are missing. Something may have interrupted the installation when you last updated.

Last edited:
@Rambro If it interferes with the site, you can downgrade by uninstalling then reinstalling an older version.

Edit: I've just reinstalled on my local board using the archive downloaded from here and I'm not seeing any issues with Instagram embeds or any others. Try reinstalling the add-on, the error message implies that some templates are missing. Something may have interrupted the installation when you last updated.
It didnt directly upgrade from the V1 version so i uninstalled it. Do i need to have the V1 version installed still?

I don't know what "V1" means. If that's the XF1 add-on, yes, you should uninstall it. The simplest way is to uninstall the s9e Media BBCodes pack from XenForo 1.5, then upgrade to XenForo 2.0 and install this add-on.

I don't know what "V1" means. If that's the XF1 add-on, yes, you should uninstall it. The simplest way is to uninstall the s9e Media BBCodes pack from XenForo 1.5, then upgrade to XenForo 2.0 and install this add-on.
that's what i meant, yes. i wonder if that's where i erred. i thought it would upgrade so i left the xf1 version in place. when it didn't i uninstalled it after the upgrade and it started kicking back errors. no matter how many times i clear the log i get the same 44 errors. looks like every one of the old sites not in use now.

so with the ability to turn on and off media sites we don't need to bother with a blacklist any longer, right? is there any benefit to deleting vs. turning off?

If I want to uninstall your add-on, how do I get the default embeds back? I uninstalled your add-on, and it removed all but three of the original Xenforo embeds.

I'm not sure how to reinstall the media sites that are bundled with the default installation. I believe the CLI command is xf:rebuild-master-data but it's safer to ask in the general support forum to be sure.

JoshyPHP, and for the record, I just needed to go back to the default embeds to see if the add-on was causing an issue for me with YouTube (it wasn't by the way). Your media add-on is absolutely awesome, and I really appreciate you sharing this with all of us. Thanks again. :)

Anyone else getting this problem with Amazon embeds inside spoilers?

1524746356131.webp

Also this at thread previews.

1524746390072.webp

Top Bottom