s9e Media Sites

s9e Media Sites 2.15.0

No permission to download
@JoshyPHP thanks for this great resource.
I have noticed that this option
Add a link to Amazon product embeds
isn't working and outbound Amazon links are getting blocked by adblock leaving no link. Notice no additional link in the screenshot below.
1.jpg
This is it with adblock enabled:
2.jpg

Which means that with your addon enabled, there is no link visible to a large number of users (those using adblock).

FYI I use
to add my tag to monetise my ebay links.

Last edited:
Amazon links are getting blocked by adblock leaving no link.
Some adblockers will remove text links and everything. What's your browser and adblocker?

This is what it looks like in Firefox with Tracking Prevention enabled:
amzn.webp
Some adblockers/privacy extensions block the Amazon logo too.

Some adblockers will remove text links and everything. What's your browser and adblocker?

This is what it looks like in Firefox with Tracking Prevention enabled:
View attachment 275752
Some adblockers/privacy extensions block the Amazon logo too.
I'm using Chrome with Adblock Plus on Windows 10.
If Adblock is removing links to Amazon, that's way too intrusive in my opinion and I don't think that's happening because some Amazon links are being posted in the forums which aren't being touched by this addon. Those are the links generating revenue :sneaky:
If we can't reliably display a tagged link with Adblock enabled, could we have an option to disable conversion of Amazon links to the widget completely, maybe?

The product link is visible for me on Chrome 108 with Adblock Plus 3.14.2 and version 2.8.3 of the add-on. The Amazon logo is removed after the fact by ABP.

You can disable the Amazon media site in your admin panel (that means all embedded products will disappear) or keep it enabled and only disable the auto-embedding of Amazon URLs.

Thanks for the update. Testing this version with Adblock 3.14.2 on Chrome 107.0.5304.88 and Windows 10.
This post's contents look like this (with Amazon the link having been converted by your addon):
Code:
[HEADING=2]LG 32UN880-B 31.5p IPS UHD 4K[/HEADING]

[MEDIA=amazon]id=B08FBH1V9R;tld=uk[/MEDIA]

Not sure when this deal expires, but will update the post accordingly when it does.

using these settings:
1667326685764.png

With adblock switched off, I have
1.jpg
Beautiful.
With adblock switched on
2.jpg
No fallback link, which is a serious loss of revenue for us.
I don't mind paying you for additional features to mitigate this problem.

How do I reduce the padding on the Spotify player please, and/or can we toggle between the card and bar style player?
I don't think the player from your screenshot was generated by this add-on. The latest update features a similar player, and you can change its size in CSS by editing your extra.less template. Probably something like this:
CSS:
[data-s9e-mediaembed="spotify"]
{
     height: 352px !important;
     width:  523px !important;
}
They have their own padding as part of their layout and there's no way to change that.

This add-on is not rending my amazon links to some products properly. Such as:

https://www.amazon.com/Mount-Flex-Adhesive-Base-1-Inch/dp/B007EZPLFS/

With that said I also see no way to turn off the Amazon feature of this add-on if it causes a problem.

I had to disable the add-on to give a link to someone via private conversation and noticed when the add-on is disabled all uses of this in messages go blank (amazon links). Is there no fallback so if this add-on is removed or not supported someday all of the content doesn't disappear from posts?

Also, if you can't resolve the Amazon link, I prefer to leave the raw link instead of pointing them to the home page or some other odd destination.

This add-on is not rending my amazon links to some products properly.
Yes, a few products do that sometimes. I don't know whether it's because they're being delisted or if there's another reason. I have no way to verify in advance whether a product widget will fail, so that's something you'd have to correct manually by posting a textual link.

If you disable media sites, they are disabled. They are not replaced with anything else, that's how XenForo normally works. If you go to the add-on's option page, you can choose to customize the regular [URL] BBCode instead of using the [MEDIA] BBCode by choosing the option Use a custom [URL] BB code with a media attribute. If you do that, third party content embedded via this add-on will revert to links if the media site or the add-on is disabled, uninstalled, or otherwise unavailable.

Also, you can always post URLs as links by using the editor's "Insert link" button.

Last edited:
How can I completely disable Amazon link parsing in your add-on as I have another add-on that handles this and it seems yours overrides theirs. Their add-on handles all amazon links without issue but only uses a URL, not HTML shop widget.

Please give us the opportunity to enable/disable features such as this if there are issues not working properly and causing problems with the link conversions.

In the admin panel, you type "amazon" in the search box and you'll find it under BB code media sites | Amazon Product

Not really. There are many ways to add support for configuring new instances, each with a different trade-off between security, complexity, and amount of work required. So far, I haven't found something I was satisfied with.

Seems like still having issues with AdBlock detection.

1668068174989.png

I understand reading the last posts that some AdBlockers may behave a little differently in being more strict, but in that case shouldn't the product embed be defaulting back to the textual link? In the console the iframe embed is still being rendered.

The original link is forever lost when converted to a media site BBCode. What the add-on does is it adds a placeholder on top of the embedded product's iframe, that links to the product's page using our best approximation. If the iframe loads successfully and doesn't appear to be hidden, the placeholder gets stashed below the iframe to reveal the embedded product widget.

Top Bottom