s9e Media BBCodes pack

s9e Media BBCodes pack 20231102

No permission to download
I have the same problem via HTTPS. The connection times out. On the other hand, HTTP works fine. If you have an HTTPS forum, you're out of luck.
Oh man... I really love this ad don and i have the need to secure my members as best as i can using SSL as one option :(

I don't think so. To my knowledge, this isn't a feature supported by XenForo.
Hmm.... well i was thinking to allow only certain members access to a few BBcodes while other members have access to the basic BBcodes. Well back to the drawing board for me. Thank you again for a great plugin.

@THLove I will think about it but I'm not sure I will add it.

@DennisSkov @Jahsun I'm very surprised that https://www.twitch.tv/swflibs/TwitchPlayer.swf is still unavailable. I poked around and found that the same file is available via other domain names as well and those are properly configured for SSL
Code:
https://secure.twitch.tv/swflibs/TwitchPlayer.swf
https://www-cdn.jtvnw.net/swflibs/TwitchPlayer.swf
I have updated the URL used in the hosted iframe to point to the latter. It works for me via HTTPS when accessed directly, but Twitch still serves some file via HTTP so the browser complains about mixed content and it may block the iframe on your HTTPS forums. Can you please test on your HTTPS forums whether it works? You don't have to update anything on your side, just embed any VOD link and see whether it works.

Yes, but not in a way that I control. Medium's layout apparently has a fixed height, that's why it doesn't fill the whole space.

On a related note, I'm thinking about replacing the option for responsive embeds with a simple on/off checkbox instead of a max width. That would prevent embeds from growing bigger than their original size and fix this particular issue. On the other hand, it limits the dimensions of videos to their original values which are relatively small. Usually 560 × 315, the default YouTube size. Not sure which one is worse, embeds that grow too big or embeds that are too small.

On the other hand, it limits the dimensions of videos to their original values which are relatively small. Usually 560 × 315, the default YouTube size. Not sure which one is worse, embeds that grow too big or embeds that are too small.
Personally I wouldn't be keen on this. I have mine set to 600 width, which I already think is on the small side.

Hello,
How do you exclude certain media sites? I tried going to ACP>> Options>>> s9e Media Pack >>> Excluded sites: i tried using "Amazon Product" also "http://affiliate-program.amazon.com/" as well as "affiliate-program.amazon.com" and "amazon.com" separately but no luck. After saving the field appears blank and Amazon Affiliate still available for selection.

Thank you

Hello,
How do you exclude certain media sites? I tried going to ACP>> Options>>> s9e Media Pack >>> Excluded sites: i tried using "Amazon Product" also "http://affiliate-program.amazon.com/" as well as "affiliate-program.amazon.com" and "amazon.com" separately but no luck. After saving the field appears blank and Amazon Affiliate still available for selection.

Thank you
Amazon Product does work. When you save, it changes the entry to amazon.

Make sure you update to the latest version, Joshy updated the add-on back in December to make the list of excluded sites more flexible and it now converts names to Media Site ID. I suspect you are running an older version of the add-on.

Amazon Product does work. When you save, it changes the entry to amazon.

Make sure you update to the latest version, Joshy updated the add-on back in December to make the list of excluded sites more flexible and it now converts names to Media Site ID. I suspect you are running an older version of the add-on.
Hello Martok,
Thank you for replying. I am using the current version of the addon. What i am trying to achieve is to remove/hide the amazon and other media site i have no need for.

Thank you

Hello Martok,
Thank you for replying. I am using the current version of the addon. What i am trying to achieve is to remove/hide the amazon and other media site i have no need for.

Thank you
I know what you are trying to do, as I've done the same myself. I re-tested the exclusions after your post and they do work. I typed in "Amazon Product" into the exclusion list, hit save and it worked. It changed it automatically to "amazon" in the exclusion list and it was excluded as expected.

I know what you are trying to do, as I've done the same myself. I re-tested the exclusions after your post and they do work. I typed in "Amazon Product" into the exclusion list, hit save and it worked. It changed it automatically to "amazon" in the exclusion list and it was excluded as expected.
Hello,
Thank you. I get what you are saying now. I added "Amazon Product" to the "Excluded sites" field and saved. It then changed to "amazon" and removed it from the list. But this is not the same when adding multiple media sites to be Excluded.

MediaBBCode02.webp

As you can see from the screen shot above they are all added but in the below screen shot they all still appear except amazon.

MediaBBCode.webp

Thank you for your help i will continue and try to figure this out.

BTW Is it possible to request a feature update from the author? I would like to suggest a new category just for "Videos" that will include:
Videomega
vidme
Vimeo
Vine
Vube
WorldStarHipHop
YouTube
and etc.

Thank you

Try to see if this works: amazon,blip,coub,dailymotion,flickr,gamespot,gametrailers,getty,gfycat,hulu,instagram,internetarchive,liveleak,mediacrush,metacafe,natgeochannel,strawpoll,tinypic,ustream,viagame,videomega,vidme,vine,vocaroo,vube,wshh,xboxclips,xboxdvr

It's what I use on my forum. If that excludes the Amazon site, then there's some sort of error in your excluding sites.

Try to see if this works: amazon,blip,coub,dailymotion,flickr,gamespot,gametrailers,getty,gfycat,hulu,instagram,internetarchive,liveleak,mediacrush,metacafe,natgeochannel,strawpoll,tinypic,ustream,viagame,videomega,vidme,vine,vocaroo,vube,wshh,xboxclips,xboxdvr

It's what I use on my forum. If that excludes the Amazon site, then there's some sort of error in your excluding sites.
Thank you Dennis,
I am still not getting it to exclude. I will have to figure this out at a later date.

Hello,
Thank you. I get what you are saying now. I added "Amazon Product" to the "Excluded sites" field and saved. It then changed to "amazon" and removed it from the list. But this is not the same when adding multiple media sites to be Excluded.

View attachment 97807

As you can see from the screen shot above they are all added but in the below screen shot they all still appear except amazon.

View attachment 97808

Thank you for your help i will continue and try to figure this out.

BTW Is it possible to request a feature update from the author? I would like to suggest a new category just for "Videos" that will include:
Videomega
vidme
Vimeo
Vine
Vube
WorldStarHipHop
YouTube
and etc.

Thank you
I've seen this issue before. The media sites are actually excluded (you can check this by trying to add a URL from one of these and they won't work). I think it may be a caching issue? Previously I had this problem (before I used this add-on, so I don't think it's related to this) where I'd added a media site and then later removed it, however it was still showing in the media overlay on the forums. At the time the only solution I found was to rebuild the master data, which is rather excessive to have to do this. I did try now to remove a media site and then to run the XML file again in the hope that the template rebuilds would sort this, but it didn't. I also ran various cache rebuilds in the ACP but to no avail.

@Chris D, sorry to tag you but do you know of a better way to update the list of media sites in the pop-up overlay on the forums than rebuilding the master data?

Have you tried uploading all the files again as well as upgrade the product using the new xml file?

Thank you Dennis i will try your method.

I've seen this issue before. The media sites are actually excluded (you can check this by trying to add a URL from one of these and they won't work). I think it may be a caching issue? Previously I had this problem (before I used this add-on, so I don't think it's related to this) where I'd added a media site and then later removed it, however it was still showing in the media overlay on the forums. At the time the only solution I found was to rebuild the master data, which is rather excessive to have to do this. I did try now to remove a media site and then to run the XML file again in the hope that the template rebuilds would sort this, but it didn't. I also ran various cache rebuilds in the ACP but to no avail.

@Chris D, sorry to tag you but do you know of a better way to update the list of media sites in the pop-up overlay on the forums than rebuilding the master data?

Thank you Martok. Sad to say i am glad this issue is not new and i am the only one facing it. Hopefully Chris D can assist.

Thank you guys so much for your time and assistance.

I would like to suggest a new category just for "Videos" that will include:
That's a good idea. I actually started tagging those sites (on my local copy) last week but I stalled because of other stuff coming up. I intend to publish an update with a "videos" category this week.

I am still not getting it to exclude. I will have to figure this out at a later date.
As others mentionned, it's by site ID. For Amazon, it's "amazon" (case-insensitive.) Have you tried posting a supported URL to see whether it gets embedded? You can get a list of supporter URLs on the add-on's GitHub page: https://github.com/s9e/XenForoMediaBBCodes

@Jahsun and @DennisSkov can you help me understand, why is it that you want to exclude some sites? The interface for excluding sites is very rudimentary because I didn't expect people to have to use it.

I'd added a media site and then later removed it, however it was still showing in the media overlay on the forums. At the time the only solution I found was to rebuild the master data
I had the same problem and clearing my browser's cached fixed it. That's because the overlay is loaded via an HTTP request that's apparently set to be cached (in the browser) for one hour. It's basically just a visual bug that affect a small percentage of the users though. If you didn't use the Media overlay in the hour preceding the change you're not affected.

Top Bottom